Monday, July 29, 2013

Come Monday...RED

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


Every so often, I come to enough to realize that I do not always have the best timing.  Okay, it generally sucks.  Happy now?

Take this piece for an example.  For not only was it not ready until several hours past my editor’s deadline, it is about a movie that came out in the fall of 2010.

Oh, but it is not all bad.  For [RED 2] hit the theaters a couple of weeks ago, and if it is even half as good as [RED], it will be well worth twice the price of admission.

Yeah, I am actually gushing as I write this.  For RED is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and Arlynda may have liked it even more than I did, which is really saying something.  For it had to overcome the stigma of me wanting to watch it to begin with before she could start to enjoy the extravaganza.  (Um, it’s a [fairly long story] that I would rather not get into again at this time—okay?)

Anyway, RED is about a bunch of retired [CIA] operatives being wrongfully targeted for termination by the CIA, under orders from a nefarious arms dealer (played by [Richard Dreyfuss]) through the US vice-president, and this is where the fun starts.  For RED stands for Retired: Extremely Dangerous, and Deyfuss’ character must have never been taught as a child that it is best to let sleeping dogs lie, which is made clearly evident by the fact that [Bruce Willis], [Morgan Freeman], [John Malkovich] and [Helen Mirren] can get rather cranky when their nap times are interrupted.  Well, at least the characters they play in the movie can.

Speaking of characters, Malkovic plays another crazy, and I suspect that the reason for this is that he is not acting.  For he has never been the same after [Being John Malkovich].

[Mary-Louise Parker] compliments the cast of veterans quite nicely by playing the love interest of Willis’ character.  Oh, and I most definitely noticed that she looks like she has had a couple of things done to “enhance” her career since her days on [The West Wing].  Of course, it may have been that they kept a couple of her best assets hidden on account of her playing a powerful lobbyist for a feminist group on The West Wing, and I have probably said way too much for my own good..again.

Just in case I have not, another delicious element to RED is the continued mutual respect (and even relative comradery) between former CIA and [KGB] operatives.  For Willis’ character enlists the help of a former KGB operative, who just happens to be still in love with Mirren’s character.

Okay, I probably need to point out that Mirren’s character was actually with [MI6].  For the British can get in such a snit when they feel slighted.  (LOL?)  (Please?)

Now, none of this is meant to suggest that the CIA, KGB and MI6 have been really working together to promote the [Illuminati] agenda all of these years.  Nonetheless, I can see where agents from the opposing sides could get together on neutral ground from time to time and speculate on what kind of nonsense their respective governments are trying to pull.  After watching RED, you just might find yourself wondering the same thing.


Please Also Visit:
and

12 comments:

  1. i did like the movie red. will see red2 whenever it hits hbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, my dear TWG!!! I don't see how RED 2 could be any better, but I think I will have to watch it a couple dozen times before being completely sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen Mirren the token Brit? Where is James Bond?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really LOVED the movie RED. It was a good movie-- enough action for my husband and great relational interactions for me. I didn't realize a RED2 was coming out. I can't wait now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never saw Red but then I don't get out much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! Methinks that Mirren's character in the movie could teach Bond a thing or two--especially in regards to diplomacy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Julie!!! Hey, RED 2 is already playing in a theater near you (depending upon the definition of "near"). So, you and hubby need to ditch the kids for a few hours and have a date night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! I can't remember what cable channel we saw it on, but it will surely be on again before very long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This movie was re-run on TV here last week. I didn't watch it, though. I might just have to the next time it appears...and no doubt it will come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! It was the same here with us, and it was the first time we had ever actually seen the movie. It was another that we thought we would enjoy from remembering the promotions of it from years before, and we were beyond thrilled with just how good it really is. I think you will really enjoy it for a myriad of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. RED 2 looks good--or at least the previews do. I will have to check out the original....looks like something we both could enjoy. It's hard to find movies that we all like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lin!!! I really think you-all would really enjoy the original. For it has a lot of great humor mixed in with the insanity of what I would like to believe are some fairly realistic scenarios, such as Malkovich's character asking if it would be finally okay for him to kill a gal when she is firing rocket-propelled grenades at them. (Yeah, I suppose one would have to spend some time in my head.)

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.