Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WhiteHeart Wednesday

Link: [Inside]



MP3 Audio From: [BlogDumps Video]

It Could Have Been You
WhiteHeart
Hey

Hey

Could have been this evening light
Melancholy sky
I’ve got memories of my life
In my heart and eyes

Could have been the best
Could have been the worst of times
The meanin’ of these images
Keeps turnin’ in my mind

Random feelings or
Sacred meanings

Could have been just the hand of fate
Could have been time just didn’t wait
Thought it all was a big mistake
But now I’m seein’
Believin’
That through all of my life
It could have been you
Was it you

Were they just wasted moments
Filled with too much pain
Or the flash and the thunder of
Some cleansing rain

Hurtful strangers or
The hand of angels

Could have been just the hand of fate
Could have been time just didn’t wait
Thought it all was a big mistake
But now I’m seein’
Believin’
That through all of my life
It could have been you

Could have been

How can your knowing eyes
See so far beyond these days
How can I ever learn to wait
For the wisdom of your ways

But I’m seein’
Believin’
That through all of my life
Yes through all of my life
It could have been you
Lovin’ you

Could have been
You

Link: [WhiteHeart]

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]


11 comments:

  1. I know that this is a song for God, but, it makes me think of love between a man and a woman....and I think that's beautiful ,too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Charity!!! It is supposed to be the same kind of love--in its purest form, of course. Even though it is a little too on the mellow side for my own particular musical tastes, this song holds a very deep meaning for me. For after our Heavenly Father started making Himself real to me, I could look back on dozens upon dozens of times when He was clearly there, but since I had been raised to think of Him as being far away up in His Kingdom of Heaven, I couldn't see Him. I'm glad you liked the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A double meaning here, or at least it seems so to me.

    I've always thought of it more as a love song. Interesting.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatever the meaning behind the song or however anyone chooses to take it makes no difference to me, I like it either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the song, regardless of the meaning, it is aplicable to many human interactions between each other and also with their higher spirit.
    I hope all is well in Crackerhead land and the main Cracker is feeling fantastic.

    One of these days I will have to know why the blog has Crackerhead in it's title. That is one of my goals I have for my New Years resolution list. I have it at 289 in a list that had 4,356 1/2 to do's :-)

    Oh, just thought of another one to add. Is there a time frame or cut off time for addding things to ones resolution list?? hmmmm

    Just added yet another (have to remember that blogspot does not have a spell check.) So I have to spell check all comments for blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've got it, my dear Sandy. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Like I told Charity, this song is a little too mellow for me in regards to the music itself, which your husband should appreciate, but the lyrics pack quite a punch--at least for me, they do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Glenn!!! I can tell that you haven't started reading The Crackerhead Chronicles yet. For the definition of a crackerhead is given in the first crumb (chapter), and it is that a crackerhead is someone who crumbles under pressure--regardless of whether real or imagined.

    As in regards to your spellchecker, methinks that you should get it checked. For it missed that applicable is spelled with two p's. (No, this does not give you license to pick apart my books! LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Anonymous. I am glad you liked the song.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.