Monday, January 18, 2010

Come Monday...Our World

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

I was sent the following in an email a few days ago, and was asked to pass it along to others. Now, in all honesty, I have not done any research about this charity, nor the particular proposition at hand, but if what interaction I have had with Mr. Rigby in the past is any indication of what to expect in the future, I am quite sure that any donations will be most appropriately utilized.


"Our World"

Every year I ask just like many of us do…… what can I, one person do to make a difference?

This year I’ve decided to do something about it, I’m going to make that difference. I will show that just one person with the help and support of all the people who are reading this, their family and friends that in fact together working as a team we can and will make that difference, so here goes…..

Yes, we all know that currently the world over is experiencing economic hardship – more commonly known to you and I as the “Credit Crunch” and not to mention the severity of our Winter weather but these harsh times will end and it’s inevitable that the future will become brighter and these past turbulent years will be written into our history!

The future of “Our World” is in the hands of our Children it is our Children who will care for us as we grow older, it is our Children who will write our laws and bring prosperity and freedom to our lands, but let’s not forget there are many children out there in fact millions who need our help, help in helping them to gain the knowledge and understanding of “Our World” a world which is fast becoming as one, thanks to our modern day science and technologies. Who would have thought as little as 20 years ago or even 10, maybe 5 years that today you and I could see and play games with our friends living thousands of miles away in America, China etc. from our living room in our own homes or from the airplane which can take us around “Our World” in a matter of a single day! I want to use this technology to reach out to everyone and help bring together the people of our world, people who can and will help make that difference to those who need it the most, our Children.

There are Children who do not have the same opportunities that our children may have, they do not enjoy the same comforts as we may have and most of all they may not have the essentials of food and shelter which we all take so much for granted. So this brings me to my one-wish aim. I want to raise £1,000,000 ($1,500,000) to start a building program to build a school for the less privileged Children in as many continents of “Our World” as possible starting in Africa, then on to the America’s, Asia and more… I would like to equip these schools with the modern technologies that will help the Children achieve their own goals, which in turn will lead to a better world for everyone no matter of their race, colour or creed and bring unity to all!

I am certainly under no illusion, this will be a mammoth undertaking but all I can say I will certainly give it my best as I believe with all your help, advice and working closely as a team we will and can achieve this and more for the benefit of the less privileged Children of “Our World” our future!

You can help me to help others in many ways;

Simply by making a small donation:

1) Advice,
2) Building Services,
3) Clothes,
4) Land,
5) Money,
6) Skills,7) Technology,
8) The list is endless….

Or,

Simply help by just telling this story to your family and friends.

I believe it only takes for someone to have the courage and the goal to take the first important step. You and I may only be one individual or corporation but with your help and your family and friends help this one-wish will become a reality for many…..

I stress there is no obligation what-so-ever, as my greatest reward is that so many should approve and participate in the project, and so feel that they want to spread 'the word' with mentions to family, friends etc. However for those wishing to make a contribution towards my one-wish aim, your generosity is much appreciated, and is made easy and secure by quite simply clicking on the 'Donate' button on [one-wish.co.uk].

Alternatively if you would like to pledge your support or donation please simply complete the short form on [one-wish.co.uk].

I plan to publish a book and an online version listing every person or company who generously makes a donation to “Our World” no matter how large or small that donation may be, every little will count. Everyone will have an option to have just their name listed or their name and donation or they can remain totally anonymous if they like. A copy of the book will be given to each school to be kept forever, to remind all who may visit of the generosity and goodwill of the people of our world.

My philosophy on life is simple, if I can help to make someone’s life easier, happier and fulfilling for at least one day, then this alone is good enough for me, why complicate life. Tomorrow is not a guarantee for anyone, but if I’m lucky enough to be here then let me make a difference, no matter how small that difference may be. Always remember one thing, life is a gift and is for living, live it to its fullest everyday! I believe I am who I am because of everyone, not just because of who I am.

Please help me to help others.

If you would like to know more please don’t hesitate to contact me at [ourworld@one-wish.co.uk]

I would like to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to read my one-wish aim “Our World”. Thank you.

Mike
[one-wish.co.uk]

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

14 comments:

  1. that's huge FishHawk. we do a lil bit of mentoring, and it truly pays off. you've inspired us to think bigger and to do more. Thank You again my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Yes, it certainly appears to be just that, but with enough help, it should be doable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear BadGal!!! With your energy and insight, you would sure be a great asset to this project. As is said in the text, he is asking for more than just monetary contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. History shows us again and again that one person can make a huge difference. Look at Martin Luther (the original, not King). His actions changed and influenced lives all over the world :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry, Anonymous. I have just decided to stop allowing anonymous comments. I haven't changed the setting yet, but I will endeavor to be most diligent in deleting all future anonymous comments left--either here, or on FishHawk Droppings. If you would like to post a legitimate comment as a real person, I would surely welcome it. Be assured that I consider legitimate comments to be anything but spam. Hey, you could even say something nasty about Adullamite, and I wouldn't mind. Although, he might.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are exactly right, my dear Jen. So please, go get in contact with Mike, and see what you might do to help. If anything, I am quite sure that you will not regret getting to know him--albeit only just a little bit. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe one person can make a difference. I say that pretty often on my Bridge and Beyond Blog. One person can start something, and then it builds. People together can do some pretty awesome things. I'm fond of saying we can help one stitch, at a time.

    Sandy
    Good luck, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am curious though why you wish to start your project so far from home? Why Africa and not America first? I sometimes think people forget we have great need right at home. I also think you might can more support if you start locally. People can afford to do things physically and financially easier when it's close at hand; plus they can see the benefits easier and therefore take part.

    Distance adds difficulty and distance adds costs.

    It's a wonderful and very worthwhile project and I wish you the very best.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a wonderful idea, i have heard about a few of these kinds of ideas. i think 1 person can make a difference as well. i will check into this, thanks for the link.

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandy!!! This is not my project. For this post was just meant to pass along the contents of an email that I received from Mr. Rigby. When you get in contact with him, I am sure that he will answer any question that you may have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear PJ!!! I hope you do get in contact with him. For he has greatly impressed me. Of course, with me being so gullible (according to my mom), you might form a different opinion, but I don't believe you will.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this post? While this is a great project I have to agree with Sandy. And I also have to say that I find it odd that so many people will go out of their way to help those in need in other countries but turn their back on those right here. Pretty sad I think

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I understand what you are saying, and if I was starting a program, I would concentrate my focus upon problems closer to home--at least at first. The thing is that this is not my program, and Mike lives somewhere in the U.K. (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland).

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.