Thursday, January 7, 2010

Top Entrecard Droppers In December, 2009


Well, the time has come for me to let ‘er rip about Entrecard, and I still don’t know what to rightly say. For I feel like we are most definitely being cheated in a number of ways, but since I have not gathered any irrefutable evidence, I can’t really say much.

What I can say is that I wish someone would come up with something similar to Entrecard that would also involve a fairly good revenue sharing plan. For I can see where something like that would literally explode (in a good way).

As it is now with Entrecard, we have went from bad to worse. For before, it was being run by a certified geek, who are, by nature, generally antisocial, but now, it is being run by people on a corporate power-trip.

Alas, does not the Entrecard community have only itself to blame? For this whole mess started with many way-over-the-top overreactions to the introduction of paid ads into the system. Granted, it was handled very poorly (hence, the antisocial thing), but at least we had a promise of getting something back. What do we have now?

Yes, the owners of Entrecard have a right to make some money. In fact, I do not see how they could afford to maintain the system without a fairly substantial source of revenue.

Furthermore, no one has put a gun to my head and made me keep dropping each day, and I have not heard of that happening to anyone else. So, are we not all still here by our own choice, and can we not just leave whenever we have had enough?

No, I have no plans for leaving Entrecard—certainly not anytime soon, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of all who drop on me day after day. The following is a list of the top 25 droppers for last month in alphabetical order. May they be more at peace than I am.

14 comments:

  1. I have no plans either! I stay because of bloggers. Those owners of EC should read your post, you put in words so well the situation. Thank you very much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate, my dear Fullet!!! I hope they take it as constructive criticism and not have me whacked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no experience of EC except that whenever it is mentioned folk are slagging it off.
    Doesn't sound a good deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention - agree with everything you've said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look at that little piece of sunshine--right there in the middle! Wow! I knew your blog had something special today, and I just couldn't put my finger on it--well, until I saw it----Violet! Whoohooo! Fabulous post today, Fish. I mean the EC stuff is okay, but the buttons are FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may not drop from time to time, but I like the traffic so will stick with them and I hope you find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks for the link. It's always a pleasure to stop by and see you. You and so many others are the reason I stay with EC. I agree with what you said also

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a brandnewbie, dropped my first entrecard around Christmas. I really don't follow you, on criticism, etc. Any advise where I could catch up?
    Enjoy your blog, I'll keep droppin' ya'

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate, my dear Paul!!! Yeah, you have first-hand experience with the corporate power-trippin'--don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are most welcome (I think), and thanks for being so considerate, my dear Lin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Jude!!! I'm beginning to think that I may be one of those people who wouldn't be happy if they hung me with a new rope. By the way, you were most definitely a hottie back then, and I am quite sure that your husband would insist that you still are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate, my dear Ann!!! Be assured that I look forward to something new from you each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Don!!! I suppose it is really not worth getting into, but if you look around (perhaps Google it?), you will find many articles both for and against the "stuff" that has been swirling around Entrecard for the last six months or so. To make a very long story somewhat shorter, several people got very upset when the previous owner introduced paid ads into the system--despite the promises of sharing the wealth (hey, I got a whole $10!), and he wound-up selling the company, which is where we are now--with more paid ads than ever and absolutely no hints of any possible revenue sharing later on down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! I would think that you would feel right at home on Entrecard. For there are many very unhappy people there (and even a few hooligans)!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.