Monday, May 14, 2012

Come Monday...Double-Crossed!


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


There is a good reason for why it has taken me this long to publish this piece.  For I wanted to keep it somewhat civil.

You see, I made a solemn vow to never watch an episode of the remake of [Hawaii Five-0].  For I had seen enough advertisements for the show before it started airing to recognize that it was going to be a cheap imitation of the [original].

Okay, I could see that there was at least one thing that the remake had going for it over the original.  For [Grace Park] was a prominent member of the cast, and I can’t remember any of the cops on the original looking as good.

Speaking of comparing casts of remakes and originals, it was mainly on account of the [remake] of Battlestar Galatica having Starbuck as a [woman] when the [original] had the character as [man] that I did not enjoy the remake as much as I could have.  In fact, I refused to watch it for quite a while, but out of sheer boredom, I capitulated when Syfy started airing reruns from the beginning.

How did we jump to complaining about remakes of old science fiction shows when we started out complaining about the remake of Hawaii Five-0?  Well, the lovely and talented Ms. Park first caught my eye as [Boomer] on the remake of Battlestar Galatica.  By the way, as with Starbuck, the original had Boomer as a [man], but I didn’t mind so much, for some reason or another.

Getting back into focus, I got suckered into having to watch an episode of the remake of Hawaii Five-0 a couple of weeks ago.  For another solemn vow that I had made was to never miss an episode of [NCIS: Los Angeles], and they were having a crossover episode with the remake of Hawaii Five-0.

Yes, I could have skipped watching the first part on Hawaii Five-0, but there would have undoubtedly been some missing pieces to the puzzle.  So, in order to truly enjoy the keeping of one solemn vow, I had to break another.

In the end, it wasn’t as bad as I feared.  For Ms. Park was looking as lovely and talented as I remembered her being, and after actually watching an episode of the remake of Hawaii Five-0, I am more confident than ever of always being right.  I will, however, rethink my personal policy on making solemn vows.

Please Also Visit:
and


4 comments:

  1. Have never seen any of those shows - originals or re-makes. But then you're just girl-watching, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is ever as good as the original. I did watch Hawaii Five 0 back in the day but haven't seen the remake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! With my wife looking over my shoulder as I write this, I must insist that I most certainly am not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I am probably coming off as just an old fart to the younger generations, but since I am now well into my 50s, I feel like I am entitled to.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.