Monday, May 21, 2012

Come Monday...AMC's The Pitch


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

[AMC’s The Pitch] is a new show about real advertising agencies competing for business that I have watched the first four episodes of.  New episodes are currently airing at 10 p.m. CDT on Sundays, and they are repeated at various times throughout the week.

Be assured that I plan on watching the remaining two episodes on the schedule, and I hope they make more.  For I find the process rather fascinating.


Another thing that I really appreciate is that a finished advertisement from a previous episode is often aired in a commercial break during another episode.  I am not sure just when it first aired, but the following is by [SK+G], who won over [The Ad Store] in the [second episode].


No, The Pitch is not a show for everyone, but I do think there is enough to keep quite a few intrigued.  If anything, it may make some very grateful for not pursuing a career in advertising.  For working very long hours for very little recognition seems to be more of the norm than the exception in the business.

Please Also Visit:
and

6 comments:

  1. Oh my yes, advertising...the many faces and trials of it all....advertising is and will always be upon us. My mother refused to purchase anything with a label or writing (why would I ever pay to advertise someone's stuff?) that was her motto! Funny how the ways of our parents linger with us.... ! I really enjoyed this Monday Review, thanks....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great show. Talk about suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't get in to shows like that. I like the commercial for Waste Management though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Karen!!! Did your mother only purchase homemade things from individuals? Quite honestly, I am very visually-oriented, and what I consider to be a great label will draw me to a product. On the other hand, seeing what I consider to be a really stupid commercial for something will most definitely influence my decision, and there seems to be a stampede on stupid going on these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Fisher!!! Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it suspenseful, but they do focus on the pressure of having so much at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Arlynda doesn't like it, either, but in all fairness, with her having to see every episode of Storage Wars at least 50 times, she doesn't have the time to.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.