Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TWO FOR TUESDAY


Not every song that will be featured here will be what is generally considered as being “Christian” in the eyes of this world. For some will be anguished cries from the pit of despair, and others will be quite obviously ferverent rants of rebellion. Nonetheless, be assured that they will all be of our Heavenly Father (in one way or another) and I hope that you have been given ears to hear the message.


Baby Blue
Badfinger
Guess I got what I deserved
Kept you waiting there
Too long my love
All that time without a word
Didn’t know you’d think
That I’d forget
Or I’d regret
The special love I had for you
My baby blue

All the days became so long
Did you really think
I’d do you wrong
Dixie when I let you go
Thought you’d realize
That I would know
I would show
The special long I have for you
My baby blue

What can I do
What can I say
Except I want you
By my side
How can I show you
Show me the way
Don’t you know
The times I’ve tried

Guess that’s all I have to say
Except the feeling
Just grows stronger
Every day
Just one thing before I go
Take good care
Baby
Let me know
Let it grow
The special love you have for me
My Dixie dear


Day After Day
Badfinger
I remember
Finding out about you
Every day
My mind is all around you
Looking out from my lonely room
Day after day
Bring it home
Baby
Make it soon
I give my love to you

I remember
Holding you while you sleep
Every day
I feel the tears that you weep
Looking out of my lonely gloom
Day after day
Bring it home
Baby
Make it soon
I give my love to you

Looking out of my lonely room
Day after day
Bring it home
Baby
Make it soon
I give my love to you

I remember
Finding out about you
Every day
My mind is all around you
Looking out of my lonely gloom
Day after day
Bring home
Baby
Make it soon
I give my love to you

Lyrics From: [OldieLyrics]

Please Also Visit:
and

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Day After Day. I had forgotten about it. Did you know that the guitar for this song and producer was George Harrison?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Clueless!!! Well, I knew that they were basically produced by The Beatles, along with being the only other band recording under the Apple Records label, but I didn't know that Harrison did some guitar work on many of their songs. As in regards to Day After Day, I have always loved it when I wasn't suffering from a broken heart.

    By the way, were you using Firefox when you submitted your comment? I have been able to post comments through IE8, but I keep getting an error message when using Firefox. From what I have seen when looking for an answer, I am not the only one that is having this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan - just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! That really surprises me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been a while since I listed to these two tunes.Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't think I knew these two songs. I listened to the first and really don't recall ever hearing it. Knew the second one as soon as it started though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Mike!!! I am really glad you enjoyed them. Badfinger is another one of those truly great groups from back then that have passed into relative obscurity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo! It looks like the problem with not being able to leave comments on Blogger/Blogspot sites through Firefox has been fixed!

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Baby Blue is my all-time favorite song by them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this article. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you've covered so many bases. Thanks!

    playground surfacing

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.