Monday, May 9, 2011

Come Monday...Holly Hopsnot

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


A little over a month ago, I had a brilliant idea. Yes, as a matter of fact, even I can have one every once in a while.

Anyway, the lovely and talented Ms. Ann of [Snap Edit Scrap] fame and fortune published an article about her Garden Bunny, and it struck me that this would make a wonderful anniversary present for my longsuffering wife, Arlynda.

Okay, I get struck by a lot of things—not the least of which is her 16” cast iron skillet, but that is beside the point. Can we please get back to the story?

Getting back to the story, Ann was unable to make delivery by the time of our anniversary, which was April 15th. For her West Highland foreman decided to take some vacation time, but he got back in time for Ms. Holly Hopsnot to arrive last Friday.

Oh, words cannot express how excited I was. For I was fully expecting to get a loving pat on my head instead of the customary whack.

Much to my dismay, her West Highland foreman decided that our pups and kitties should also have a reason to celebrate, and he included treats for them all. Furthermore, they both made cards, which caused my wife and her 73 year-old mother to start gushing and giggling little schoolgirls.

I am a-tellin’ you, I was devastated. For it was my idea that got the whole started! When I pointed that out to them, I got my pat on the head, and then they went right back to gushing and giggling over just how wonderful ANN AND DUKE ARE!!!

No, it ain’t right, and you had better believe that I will be remembering this for next year. Hey, I have even gotten to kinda like concussions. For I often get this really neat tingling feeling running up and down my spine just before everything goes black.

Oh, and her name is Holly Hops-not—not Hop-snot. Some of you really do need to grow up!

Please Also Visit:
and

P.S.: It was suggested that I should give credit where it is due. For it was our Heavenly Father who actually gave the idea in the first-place. I would say more, but I need to get off of here now. For the lightning strikes are getting rather close, and the tingling that I get from them is not as pleasant. I wonder if it was something she said in her praye

10 comments:

  1. You expect thanks from a woman....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Yeah, I am a really slow learner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann is terrific - talented and thoughtful. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! Yes, she truly is, but it has been brought to my attention that it is really Duke, who gets things done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's no fun to growup!


    why is she longsuffering?


    and I bet she thank you!

    not all of us woman are that bad!


    we just got thunder and some rain this morning, y'all most of got it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw shoot, I think I'm blushing and Duke's fur is turning a little pink.
    Just sorry we couldn't have gotten it done sooner for you. I absolutely LOVE the name. It's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Ann and Duke are the BEST, aren't they??! But I give you credit for spying something cute and going through the trouble in asking Ann to make one for ya--all the while thinking of your honey. :) I think it's terrific, Fish. And you can tell your best gal I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Jel!!! Well, if you would take a look or two at The Crackerhead Chronicles, which is the first book in line on FishHawk Droppings, you might get an idea why she has so much treasure waiting for her in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Also, thank you and Duke again for making Ms. Holly for her, but next time, please make sure I get most of the credit--okay?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lin!!! You're wanting to stop at that ice cream shop with those buckets of double fudge chucky monkey rocky road sundaes again--aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.