Monday, May 23, 2011

Come Monday...GameBay.com

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



My mother-in-law, who lives with my wife and I, is a gamer. I am not. Neither is my wife, who is her daughter.

No, she is not into [World of Warcraft] or any of the other multi-player online games, but I suppose it doesn’t matter. For I am not a gamer. Neither is my wife, who is her daughter.

None of that seemed to matter to my mother-in-law, neither. For she ordered asked me to go online and find her a new one after she had misplaced the charger/adapter to her [Nintendo DS Lite] console(?) again, and it was looking pretty serious like it was going to be nowhere to be found this time.

Thankfully, she did know where the box to the charger/adapter was. For there is no telling what I may have found without some reference to what I was supposed to be looking for.

So, with the empty box to an original Nintendo DS Lite AC Power Adapter Charger sitting just to the right of my keyboard, I started searching high and low through cyberspace, and in practically no time at all, I found [this].  Needless to say, I was quite pleased.

No, I harbor no delusions about finding it all by myself. In fact, I give all of the credit to our Heavenly Father, but if you don’t mind, I would rather my mother-in-law not realize that she doesn’t have me to thank anytime soon—okay?

Anyway, finding what she wanted at a much cheaper price than even Wal-Mart has them at was just the beginning of what has turned out to be a very delightful shopping experience with [GameBay.com]. For I received an email about every step of the shipping process, and two more asking if everything was all-right after the product arrived here in excellent condition, well within the estimated time of arrival.

No, I don’t think the people at GameBay.com got the memo that customer service is just a figure of speech anymore. For they have me convinced that they actually care about the satisfaction of their customers, which has come at a very pleasant surprise to me.

Therefore, I can highly recommend shopping with GameBay.com for all of your gaming wants and needs. Granted, they may not be perfect in every respect, considering that many of them are probably gamers themselves, but they sure act like they want to treat their customers perfectly, which is far better than the way I have been treated by far too many others.

Legal Disclaimer: The author of this review was only kidding about suggesting that gamers are generally somewhat less than perfect. Kinda.

Please Also Visit:
and

12 comments:

  1. Your mother-in-law is way above me as a gamer. I like computer games, but mine are much tamer. I have lots, but I am hooked on Bejeweled and Atlantis for the moment.

    I admire your work in obtaining what was necessary for her...what a good son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Clueless!!! Can I quote you on what a good son-in-law I am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good 'Under the thumb' son-in-law keeps his teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerry, We wanted to thank you for the very kind review about us!
    Yes we take customer service seriously.

    Thanks for brightening our day.

    Regards
    Jason
    Owner
    GameBay.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you gotta love it when you find a company that still knows how to treat their customers. Way to win brownie points with the mother in law

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Since I only have four out of my five front bottom teeth left, I really don't have much to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Jason!!! Be assured that I greatly appreciated the way you-all treated me, and I hope this helps to attract a lot of new customers for your company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Alas, there are no brownie points to win with her, but as long as she is playing her games, she is usually too busy to yell at me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve been visiting your blog for a while now and I always find a gem in your new posts. Thanks for sharing!
    playground surfacing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an extremely practical presentation that gives great examples of how to engage people in executing the plan. I found this very insightful. Well done and thank you.

    playground surfacing

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an extremely practical presentation that gives great examples of how to engage people in executing the plan. I found this very insightful. Well done and thank you.

    playground surfacing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by, my dear Playground Surfacing. That is, I think. For it looks rather obvious to me that your comments are really nothing more than thinly disguised spam, but I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Please forgive me if I am wrong, and I sincerely hope that I am.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.