Monday, May 30, 2011

Come Monday...THE BEST EVER!!!

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

Last week, I got fed-up with all of the over-hyping going on with the news coverage of the devastating tornado that tore through Joplin, MO eight days ago. So, I published a piece under the title of [The Numbing of America] on The Tribulation Times Herald-Exhorter.

Not that it needed more, but I actually forget to include the final straw for me. For it was after hearing a national correspondent report that the strongest winds ever recorded occurred during the Joplin tornado, and then he qualified his bold announcement by adding that an EF-5 is as high as the [Enhanced Fujita Scale] goes that I went on my rant. (No consideration for the fact that the Joplin tornado just made it over the 200 MPH threshold for an EF-5 when several tornados have had estimated speeds of over 300 MPH, of course.)

Alas, it has been brought to my attention that the over-hyping will get much worse before it gets any better. Therefore, I might as well join in on the fun, and I would like to present to you the best commercial to ever be broadcast.

Yes, there are several other very similar commercials out there. In fact, while doing some research, I found that the following commercial is probably a rip-off of those others, but why let facts get in the way of a good story—not to mention a great sound-bite?


Please Also Visit:
and

6 comments:

  1. The media exaggerate? I don't believe it! I thought they always gave us the facts.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Yes, it is indeed quite shocking. Be assured that I would love to say that it is going to be all-right, but the end seems nearer than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't believe everything you read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only the rest of us could afford to be wrong as often as the media is. Accuracy doesn't appear to be necessary anymore.
    By the way, very annoying commercial :()

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandy!!! I heard Dan Patrick, who is one of my favorite sports personalities, say the other day that a story that is reported fast but wrong is still fast, which sounds like what they are all shooting for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Oh, but it's not half as annoying as Arlynda doing her little fat girl dance every time she hears it come on. (Yeah, send me a bill for your silence.)

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.