Thursday, May 26, 2011

Badfinger vs. Def Leppard

 Link: [Badfinger]


No Matter What
Badfinger
No matter what you are
I will always be with you
Doesn’t matter what you do girl
Ooh girl
With you
No matter what you do
I will always be around
Won’t you tell me what you found girl
Ooh girl
Want you

Knock down the old grey wall
Be a part of it all
Nothing to say
Nothing to see
Nothing to do
If you would give me all
As I would give it to you
Nothing would be
Nothing would be
Nothing would be

No matter where you go
There would always be a place
Can’t you see it in my face girl
Ooh girl
Want you

Knock down the old grey wall
Be a part of it all
Nothing to say
Nothing to see
Nothing to do
If you would give me all
As I would give it to you
Nothing would be
Nothing would be
Nothing would be

No matter what you are
I will always be with you
Doesn’t matter what you do girl
Ooh girl
With you

Ooh girl
You girl
Want you
Ooh girl
You girl
Want you



No Matter What
Def Leppard
No matter what you are
I will always be with you
Doesn’t matter what you do girl
Ooh girl
With you
No matter what you do
I will always be around
Won’t you tell me what you found girl
Ooh girl
I want you

Knock down the old grey wall
And be a part of it all
Nothing to say
Nothing to see
Nothing to do
If you would give me all
As I would give it to you
Nothing would be
Nothing would be
Nothing would be

No matter where you go
There would always be a place
Can’t you see it in my face girl
Ooh girl
I want you

Knock down the old grey wall
And be a part of it all
Nothing to say
Nothing to see
Nothing to do
If you would give me all
As I would give it to you
Nothing would be
Nothing would be
Nothing would be

No matter what you are
I will always be with you
Doesn’t matter what you do girl
Ooh girl
With you

Ooh girl
You girl
I want you
Ooh girl
You girl
I want you


Please Also Visit:
and

14 comments:

  1. I like the original Badfinger version. Def Leppard's version was merely trying to sound the same. They didn't make it their own with their sound. But, I don't know the purpose of recording their song. Either way, I enjoyed this selection and it brought back some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Clueless!!! I fully agree with you. For the original was so much better.

    When I was looking for the Def Leppard version, I saw a link on YouTube to Day After Day by Def Leppard, and I wondered if it was a remake of Badfinger's. It wasn't, but it is most definitely a genuine Def Leppard classic that I have been missing out on all of these years.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzHh0osjt4o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original is always better...
    cheers, Sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear S.F.!!! It sure is in this case, but Def Leppard remains one of my all-time favorite bands, with Badfinger also being on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Def Leppard - if you can believe that - I heard it when my kids were teens I think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see Def Leppard on The Apprentice? They were sort of a-holes, which was really disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! I am rather surprised that you like Def Leppard. For I would think that most of their songs are a little too hard rock for your taste, but they do have several ballads that I can't imagine why anyone would not like them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lin!!! No, I missed that episode, as I have almost every episode of The Apprentice, but I have seen some interviews where they appeared rather aloof, which is putting it kindly.

    However, a VH-1 (I think) rockumentary portrayed them in a very sympathetic light, and it could be even argued that they are one of most honorable bands ever. For they refused to replace Rick Allen, the drummer, after he lost an arm in a car accident, and they stuck with lead guitarist, Steve Clark, until he lost his fight with alcoholism and drug addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll go with the boys from Sheffield as I don't know who the other mob are...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ryan!!! Yeah, Badfinger is just another British rock band that sold millions of albums on both sides of the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to go with the majority on this one and say Badfinger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Badfinger recorded that for the film 'Magic Christian,' one of many films in the late 60's that I saw. Very late 60's in its approach! About 69/70 I reckon.

    They were one of those bands that were not 'rock' enough, too 'commercial' in their approach but I liked this at the time and still do.

    How we all looked like that!

    The other lot were OK but off-putting in their English racist outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I love Def Leppard, but they didn't come close on this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Badfinger did all-right, but when competing for airtime with the likes of The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones, someone had to be slighted. You are probably already well aware of it, but next weeks face-off will be Badfinger against Harry Nilsson, with a song that he is very well known for that was actually theirs to begin with.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.