Monday, July 21, 2014

Come Monday...Amazon.com's A-to-Z Guarantee

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of (or commentary about) websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee. The Amazon A-to-z Guarantee will also reimburse you if you do not receive an agreed upon refund from a third-party seller or if a third-party seller charged an amount greater than the amount you authorized for your purchase.

I know of some, who have not received the best of service from [Amazon.com] (in their opinion).  In fact, one can literally see steam starting to roll out of her ears when my sister-in-law is asked about her experience with Amazon.com.

I, on the other hand, have received nothing but incredible service from the online retail giant.  Whether or not this has anything to do with me finally getting some of the respect I so richly deserve to receive, I do not know, but I can tell you that they have bent over backward to make sure I was happy (in my opinion).

Some trouble with a couple of items I recently purchased on the site serve as perfect examples of how willing Amazon.com has been to insure my complete satisfaction.  The trouble with one item was even totally my fault.  For I failed to notice that it was the wrong cable when I ordered it, and not only did they immediately refund my money when I asked if I could return it, they also did not require me to send the wrong cable back!

The trouble with the other item was not my fault.  For it simply did not work, and Amazon.com did want me to send it back.  This was made as painless as possible, though.  For they both arranged and paid for the return shipping, and UPS truck picked up the package at our front door.  Furthermore, the purchase price was returned to me as soon as they received confirmation from UPS that the item had been picked up.  No, they did not even wait to see if I had actually sent the item back to them!

Hey, I must admit that I hate it when things go wrong with a purchase more than most, but when a seller/distributor is sincere in their efforts to insure customer satisfaction (within reason, of course) I am a very happy camper.  Too bad [Dell] has gone over to the dark-side.

Please Also Visit:

6 comments:

  1. I've purchased a fair amount of items from Amazon.com and I've never had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! 3-4 years ago, I purchased a used book that was supposed to be like new, when it turned out to be nothing close, I gave the seller a poor rating. I think it was the very next day when I received an email from Amazon that told me I had received my money back. Hey, I didn't even contact them in the first place! A day later, the seller sent an email that apologized profusely for the mistake and asked me to change the bad rating, which I immediately did.

      Delete
  2. I've had nothing but positive experiences with amazon. When my first kindle stopped working they were on the phone with me trying to determine the problem and then they finally told me they would send me a new one no cost to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! It was problems with a Kindle Fire they purchased for their daughter that has my sister-in-law all steamed up. I don't know all of the details, but I am leaning toward giving Amazon the benefit of the doubt. Of course, someone at Amazon may have been having a really bad day or something.

      Delete
  3. I've not bought anything from Amazon for a while, but when I have purchased from them in the past (and I have done so quite a few times), I've not had any problems...and the delivery has always rapid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! Well, and there I thought it was just on account how special I am. (LOL?)

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.