Monday, April 30, 2012

Come Monday...Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


Well, I thought I had hit upon something really clever.  For I was going to start this off with admitting that I find it rather ironic that the next line to the chorus of David Bowie’s Changes is “turn and face the strange” on account of this being partially an announcement about getting rid of some rather strange “stuff” over on The Trib, but since the line is actually “turn and face the stranger,” never mind.

Well, at least never mind the tie-in to the song.  For I did fall prey to the temptation of letting some really outrageous things be published on The Trib in the hope of attracting a large following, and it has been made abundantly clear to me that this is a mistake that needs to be corrected before I can be taken as seriously as I want to be.  Therefore, all of the pieces by a certain author will be deleted in the next few days.

Please forgive me for not wanting to come out and actually name the aliases he went by.  For we have parted on fairly good terms, and I do not want to make either one of us look any worse than we already do to those who understand that what we publish matters—regardless of how few may be actually reading it, which would be in the tens of thousands in this particular case.

Yes, The Trib really has received that many visits since it came to be on February 7th of 2011.  So, if any of the ones who are already contributing authors would like to offer some more of your wit and wisdom to a different crowd, please do, and if any who are not already signed-up would like to give it go, you are more than welcome.  That is, unless you would like to hide behind an alias while making some really outrageous statements, and then refuse to address concerns raised in the comment section, of course.

No, I am not wanting to make The Trib be a place just for serious topics.  For I plan on publishing my Varmint Signs series for as long I can get away with it, and it is undoubtedly absolutely ridiculous to anyone without a good sense of humor.

Furthermore, I appreciate the use of satire to get a point across.  There is, however, a line between tasteful and tasteless that should not be crossed.

On a more personal note, the observance of that line is now more important than ever to me.  For my wife may be losing her job in the next week or so, and I do not want any really offensive observations made by my associates causing other publishers to shy away from me as I try to make some money as a writer.

Yeah, I will have to do a lot better than the dribble in this piece before that will happen.  Be assured that I am working on it.  For my mother-in-law has already informed me that she will be pimping me out to the geriatric crowd if it looks like we might lose the house.

At least I can be thankful for the fact that my disabilities prevent her from making me seek work as an exotic dancer.  Although, I am quite sure that I could still bust some moves that no one on perv row has ever seen before, which might make it rain from time to time…  No, let’s not go there.

Oh, and if my wife does lose her job, I might be offline for a few days.  For our Internet connection is provided by her employer, and I am quite sure that Mediacom will shut it down within seconds of being informed of the change.

 
***UPDATE***
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Well, my wife’s supervisor was able to convince the upper management that she should get another 30 days to get her production numbers up to the acceptable average.  It will take a miracle, but I know someone with a lot expertise in that field.  Nonetheless, may His will be done—not mine.

Please Also Visit:
and

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the possible change in your wife's employment -

    I did read the Trib several times and I was offended and angered by some of the postings so I simply stopped checking the site out. You know it's like if you don't like the taste of something, don't eat it! So my being offended and angered is pretty much a personal thing - supposedly we do have freedom of speech in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the changes that may be occurring there. I'll pray for the best to come your way. On a lighter note if I were you I would start to get concerned if your mother in law starts wearing lots of gold jewelry and driving a pink Cadillac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! Yes, we have freedom of speech, but just because you can say anything you want doesn't mean that you always should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! No, none of that would bother me a bit if I wasn't the one having to "work" for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get all the luck don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Well, I heard Him distinctly tell me that He would take care of me a few weeks back, but that can have two very different meanings.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.