Monday, April 16, 2012

Come Monday...Truck Stop USA


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


[Truck Stop USA] is a show on the Travel Channel about the Midway Travel Plaza, which is a couple of miles west of Columbia, MO on I-70.  With it being a reality show, some things are blown way out of proportion for the sake of ratings.

On the other hand, many fairly outrageous things are not.  I know this for a fact on account of it being in the bar that is located on the Midway premises that I first laid eyes on Sherry.

No, it is not that she was some sort of a barfly.  For I had been talking to her over the phone for several days after meeting up with her sister, Ginger, who was also headed north on I-81 through western Virginia in a big truck.

I can’t remember just how long it was, but Sherry suggested that we meet at Midway.  For it would serve as neutral ground with a home field advantage for her.  For not only did Sherry and Ginger live in nearby Columbia, Ginger had actually worked at Midway as the head fuel desk manager before the call of the open road got to her.

Getting back to the show, Midway is shown to be much more than just a place for truckers to fill up on diesel, eat and sleep.  For aside from the bar, there is also a tattoo parlor and an exposition hall, which hosts all sorts of events throughout the year.

To be perfectly honest about it, I don’t like the show at all.  Yeah, I found it absolutely fascinating at first that a place I was so familiar with could be the subject of a reality show, but that wore off pretty fast.

However, Arlynda (my wife) gets a big kick out of Truck Stop USA.  So, if you don’t have anything else to do this Thursday night, it might be worth a little look-see.

Please Also Visit:
and

4 comments:

  1. We owned a truck a few years back and although I didn't go on the truck but a couple times a year (I don't sit still well) with Farm Boy I do know of many, many truck stops 'round the great US of A!

    I have actually been to this one more than once!!! Heeehehehe!!!

    It is amazin' what they pack into those things!

    Great post!

    God bless ya and have yourself a glorious week Man!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe Duke can remind me to look for it Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Nezzy! Yeah, there are several that look more like a small shopping malls than what one would think that a truck stop would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Well, if you miss it this Thursday, it will be rerun on different days and at different times.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.