Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TFT: Willie Nelson


Not every song that will be featured here will be what is generally considered as being “Christian” in the eyes of this world.  For some will be anguished cries from the pit of despair, and others will be quite obviously ferverent rants of rebellion.  Nonetheless, be assured that they will all be of our Heavenly Father (in one way or another) and I hope that you have been given ears to hear the message.


Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
Willie Nelson
If you would not have fallen
Then I would not have found you
Angel flyin’ too close
To the ground

And I patched up your broken wing
And hung around for a while
Tryin’ to keep your spirits up
And your fever down

And I knew someday
That you would fly away
For love’s the greatest healer
To be found

So leave me if you need to
I will still remember
Angel flyin’ too close
To the ground

Fly on
Fly on past
The speed of sound
I’d rather see you up
Than see you down

Leave me if you need to
I will still remember
Angel flyin’ too close
To the ground
Leave me if you need to
I will still remember
Angel flyin’ too close
To the ground


Always On My Mind
Willie Nelson
Maybe I didn’t love you
Quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn’t treat you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Girl I’m sorry I was blind
But you were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn’t hold you
All those lonely lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I’m so happy that you’re mine
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
But you were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me
Tell me that your sweet love hasn’t died
And give me
Give me one more chance to keep you satisfied
I’ll keep you satisfied

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
But you were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Lyrics From: [elyrics.net]

Please Also Visit:
and

10 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love Willie? Nice choice of songs - they kinda go together. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a double dose of Willie is good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Willie and love the songs. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, the first time I heard "you were always on my mind" was the ATROCIOUS cover done by the Pet Shop Boys, and they should have been arrested for that criminal cover of Willie's song. They ruined it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! I am really glad you enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! His voice really does have a soothing quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Well, it would seem that the question about what you were listening to while you were missing out on The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the like is getting closer to being answered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lavender!!! You listened to the Pet Shop Boys??? Well, that certainly explains a lot. Although, "West-End Girls" is most definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theology poor, the bandana ridiculous and the voice, well....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Is it true that hooligans often get hopped-up on haggis before going on their rampages?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.