Monday, October 3, 2011

Come Monday...Gordon Ramsay


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

I don’t remember from where I heard it, but a quote from [Gordon Ramsay] has stuck with me.  For it came soon after the American version of his [Hell’s Kitchen] became a smash hit over here, and the quote had him saying something about him desperately wanting to get off of television as soon as possible.

Am I missing something?  Is FOX holding something over his head in order to keep him on prominent display in their primetime lineup?

Prominent display is something of an understatement.  For the ninth season of Hell’s Kitchen just ended on September 19th, and rebroadcasts of it are already being aired in primetime on Saturday nights.

Saturday (as at least some of you may realize) comes one day after Friday, which is when the American version of his [Kitchen Nightmares] is now in its fifth season.  Just in case you are trying to keep score at home, the fourth season ended in May of this year.

Oh, and let’s not forget about the American version of his [MasterChef].  The second season of that show ended in August of this year, and a third season is scheduled to begin next week.

Okay, I made up the part about the third season of the American MasterChef beginning next week, but are you starting to get the picture?  For one can see a new episode of at least one of Gordon’s shows more weeks than not in a given year, and this is not counting the British versions of each show!

It is said that credit should be given where it is due, and I suppose that should also apply to blame.  Therefore, my wife and I must stand accused.  For it was not for people like us, maybe Gordon could realize his dream of getting off of the air for good.

Did you notice that I did not say anything about him leaving the limelight?  For as they used to say about the British Empire, the sun doesn’t set on his [restaurants], with several of them being [Michelin-Starred].  He also has his own [product lines], of course.

Alas, I am compelled to also mention that he is a Scot.  For a certain element of my audience could be considered unhinged.  I refuse to say anything about him starting out as a promising soccer player, however.

Please Also Visit:
and

11 comments:

  1. a) Ramsey is a hun!

    b) Coking is what women were made for.

    c) It is FOOTBALL!!!

    d) Cooking shows ought to be banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. he's from Glasgow, and raised in England, that explains his swearing and rudeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! You really meant that he is a "hon"--didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out in your Sites to see section. we appreciate you stopping by! And how fortuitous that you should be discussing crap TV today, as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to come out of the shadows and show myself today.
    I've never watched hell's kitchen but work with a couple of girls who do so I hear about it all the time.

    I wonder just what Adullamite might be implying with his statement that "Coking" is what women were made for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me of how dearly I hate all television, ESPECIALLY cooking shows. Although that Ina Garten is hilarious as she's always making food with tons of butter for really strange fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate, my dear A.B.F.T.S.!!! Well, it's called "Must See TV" around here, but I must concede that our palates aren't very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Well, he is a Scot living in England, and the Google Translator isn't always able to decipher what language he is using. I tried using a Universal Translator I got off of a Sci-Fi site, but the automated Borg Proximity Alert drove me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lavender!!! Considering the fact that she used to be a nuclear policy analyst for Presidents Ford and Carter, I don't know if I would want to eat all that much of her cooking. By the way, does she ever hack-up any fifty-pound heads of lettuce or hundred-pound carrots on the show?

    ReplyDelete
  10. a) he is indeed a hun!

    b) Cooking, now that I have cleaned the keyboard, is what women were made for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! I'm not sure if you made that better or worse.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.