Monday, October 24, 2011

Come Monday...Grantland


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


From the featured image above, it should be rather obvious that [Grantland] is not just another sports site.  On second thought, this could be a picture of some of the Denver Broncos fans who have been screaming for the management to make [Tim Teabow] the starting quarterback.  After all, times have been rather lean for the team lately.

No, the image is actually from an article on some new television series, which you will be taken to if you will click on it.  The article is just one very fine example of what a treasure Grantland truly is.

Of course, not all of my readers are as culturally sophisticated as I am, but the online magazine has plenty of pictures for the enjoyment of those who are not.  Hey, they even provide videos for those with minds that wander!


Yep, there is something for just about everyone on Grantland.  Probably not for [Adullamite], nor [Lavender], but I did preface this with “just about everyone.”

If you need further convincing, click on the image of Patti Smith below, and I think you will see what I mean.  For other than what she did with [Because The Night], I am not a fan of Patti Smith, but the article made me wonder if maybe I should be.

6 comments:

  1. Grantland? What a lot of rubbish!
    No football at all, just American games. No wonder she looked under the weather.
    And what was that video all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! That video had to do with the purest of sports--professional wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of Grantland. From that first picture though I don't think I want to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! It really is a truly great site full of incredibly well-written pieces on all sorts of topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrestling is sport?
    Are you sure you don't mean play acting and drama class?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! What's your point?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.