Saturday, February 26, 2011

Heal The Land Repost

The following is another chapter from [Bittersweet Refinements].  Since each part is connected to the rest, it would do you well to keep reading (and listening for our Heavenly Father's explanations, of course).

Heal The Land

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

No, none of this is meant to discourage participation in the political process.  For that is all part of what it means to be a good citizen in a country with a government that is meant to be of the people, by the people, and for the people—a country that was indeed established by our Heavenly Father[1].

There is, however, a proper way of doing things that goes far beyond the apparent political process.  For it is written: “Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels.  Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.” [Isaiah 46:8-10 NIV]

Hence, the significance of 2 Chronicles 7:14.  For in spite of what has been so widely taught, this world still belongs to our Heavenly Father[2], and only He can fix what has He has allowed to be broken[3].

Therefore, let us want to truly humble ourselves before Him[4].  For it is also written: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” [Jeremiah 29:11 NIV]

No, it cannot be denied that there is much about this country that is broken, but let us keep in mind that there is more at stake than just the here and now.  For a law cannot change what is in a person’s heart—not even His Law[5], and it is the condition of a person’s heart that is what our Heavenly Father is concerned with[6].

Yes, it is true that laws are meant to define what is harmful[7], and it is in that regard that laws are most certainly good[8].  For how can someone with very poor judgment know that they are driving way too fast in a particular area unless there is a speed limit clearly posted (naturally-speaking, of course)?

The question is, however, is it the safely of all concerned that is what we are truly concerned with[9]?  For in far too many cases, the laws that we want enacted and enforced are more about power and control over this one and that one for this reason or that reason than anything else[10].

{1}Romans 13:1; {2}Job 41:11; {3}Job 12:14; {4}Isaiah 45:5-12; {5}Romans 8:3; {6}Ezekiel 18:31-32; {7}Romans 5:13; {8}1 Timothy 1:8-10; {9}James 2:12-13; {10}Matthew 23:23-28.
 
Please Also Visit:
and

4 comments:

  1. When it comes to laws I think that far too many are open for interpretation and twisted to mean something other than what they were truly intended to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Yes, I am afraid that you are right, and that it is being done on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful stuffs i found here..that is why me and my blogs are following you now. happy weekend in advance!
    See The World
    Natures's Beauty
    Our Kitchen
    Travel Euroasia
    Europe Travel Pad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Redruby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.