Monday, February 7, 2011

Come Monday...Some People

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

February 8, 2008 was the first time I published a [Sites To See]. Since then, around 3,653 sites have been featured so far. Yeah, one would think that I could come up with an exact total, but math really is hard.

Anyway, after getting ripped to shreds by one of the six who did not want their site promoted by the likes of me, I got to thinking about how few I usually do hear from. Granted, most are very positive, but only about 30% have taken the time to simply say, “Thanks!”

No, I cannot give an exact number for that, neither. For I was advised against it, and after what happened to [King David], I figured that it might be wise to not keep a count.

Nonetheless, it troubles me greatly that there are so many who make no effort to form relationships out here in cyberspace. For that is one of my primary objectives, and I would think that especially those with some sort of a personal blog would also be after that.

Yet, I keep leaving comments that go ignored. Is it just me, or are these people interested in nothing more than just telling the world what they think about this or that?

In some cases, I have wandered across sites that are meant for just a chosen few. I know this to be true because I have been told as much by the authors after making enough of a pest out of myself. So, why have these sites not been made private?

Yeah, it is said that it takes all kinds to make a world, but I think we could do without more than a few. Of course, I might be included on some of those lists, but that just goes to prove that some people are really stupid. (Right?)

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

P.S.: I have started a new site by the name of, [The Tribulation Times Herald-Exhorter]. It is still in the building stage, but if you would like to become a full-fledged member or maybe just a contributor, please email me at FishHawk7@gmail.com.

Despite the implications of the name, this site is not meant to be just about the possibility of us being in the end times. For it has been personally revealed to me that every day in this world is one of tribulation. In fact, even what we would naturally consider to be the best of lives is absolutely miserable in comparison to the worst of lives in our Heavenly Father’s Kingdom of Heaven.

Therefore, I hope to have articles on politics (both secular and religious), business practices, social issues, environmental concerns, as well as spiritual matters—not just from a strictly “Christian” perspective, neither. For the more closely we examine what we may think is the truth, the closer we can come to accept what our Heavenly Father actually says is absolutely true. For He will be there to counter what is not right. Ah, but who is so deaf as the one who does not want to hear?

12 comments:

  1. Folk make blogs for many reasons. If they ignore you it is bets to let them be. Sometimes they return! Blogs ought to say what they author wishes to say and if popular this is good, if not then that's just too bad. The wise man expects no thanks and is pleased when one in three respond. It was ever thus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! And then there are those you would wish to never hear from. (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid that the words "Thank You" have been consigned to the trash heap. I do a lot of favors, work, look-ups on the interwebz and rarely if ever receive a simple "Thank you".

    As for the people you feature, some may not know that you have done so. Do you let them know? And since it appears bloggers all seem to keep track of their traffic I would think a little free publicity would be welcomed.

    (I did get your email re: new blog - I'm thinking...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! I understand what you are saying, and I have added your wonderful site to the list for a future Sites To See. I will let you know when it is actually included, which will be a while because of how many were already on the list. Be assured that I do this for everyone who can be reached in one way or another. I failed to mention that I have run across several with no apparent means of getting in touch with them, but the vast majority have been told.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including Berea in your list. May God grant you courage to face your fears, strength to overcome your sin, and grace to face what you must as a child of light. Pastor Pauley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogs - every one has their own agenda - I find people like light and fluffy...

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Kevin!!! You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Yes, many do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed that there are a lot of blogs out there that aren't very friendly. Now I can understand that people are busy but if you want to keep a reader coming back shouldn't you try to interact with them? That's what I thought anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are a LOT of blogs that are very one-sided, so I just move on and don't bother with those blogs after awhile. You can only do so much giving, right?

    That said, I hope you still feel welcome at the Duck and Wheel and that I don't ignore you. Heck, I even posted some wader photos for you this week! ;) I get really busy during the week and I'm lucky to get around my blogroll once a week now--don't take it personal--I don't have much me time. And my butt starts to retaliate if I work the computer too much each day.

    Can't believe someone balked at you linking their blog. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! We are like two peas in a pod on this subject. Duke helped again--didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lin!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah, you cheerleader types are all the same, and all the boys like me can do is stare from the shadows and sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.