Monday, February 28, 2011

Come Monday...U.K.'s Giveacar


When I was first contacted by Harry Achillini about possibly publishing an article about [Giveacar], I must admit that I was a little suspicious. For there have been an awful lot of car donation scams here in the good ol’ U.S.A., and I do not consider this site as being significant enough for anyone legitimate to associate with.

Yeah, after subjecting our Heavenly Father with all of my moans and groans over being ignored, here I am being suspicious of an opportunity that He has given me to do some good. Moreover, Giveacar is anything but illegitimate.

No, I am just not right, but Giveacar is. For even [Adullamite] couldn’t find anything wrong with them, and [Reuters] sure has some nice things to say about the good that they are doing. So does [TheEcologist.org].

The closest I found to what Giveacar is doing in the [U.K.] here in the U.S. was [1-800-Charity Cars], but it appears to be different. For instead of donating what they get from the scrap after crushing a vehicle, 1-800-Charity Cars fixes the donated vehicles and gives them to those in need.

Of course, it would all depend upon the vehicle, but I think I like the Giveacar approach better, especially on environmental grounds. For even after being fixed up, the donated vehicle will most likely be an older model that was not considered to be worth fixing up and keeping by its owner, and unless we are talking about really rich people, the donated car would probably be of the kind that helps provide the [San Fernando Valley] with such beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

So, do you know of any organizations in the U.S. that are doing what Giveacar is? If you do, please let me know, and if you are in the U.K., please help Giveacar help others in any way that you can.

Please Also Visit:
and

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! I hope this doesn't tarnish your reputation too badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea. As for me though, I would never be able to afford to just donate an old car. I need the trade in money :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, we are in the same position, but there are plenty who aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ryan!!! Thank you for the further confirmation. Now, go out and wreck something so that it can be donated!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.