Thursday, September 4, 2014

ATF: Organ-Grinding

This weekly series will include as many of my all-time favorite (ATF) tunes as I can get my grubby little hands on (so to speak).  Now, each one included in each edition will have some connection with the other—albeit only as a figment of my imagination, but they will not be numbered.  For I just cannot bring myself to rate some higher than others.  So, this will not be a countdown, but if you are enjoying them as much as I do, it won’t matter.  Besides, with no countdown, this could go on forever and ever!  Oh, and despite the fact that there is absolutely no way that your musical tastes can be as exquisite as mine, I welcome any suggestions you might dare to make.  For I am, after all, quite magnanimous by nature.



In-A- Gadda-Da-Vida
Iron Butterfly
In-a-gadda-da-vida honey
Don’t you know that I’m lovin’ you
In-a-gadda-da-vida baby
Don’t you know that I’ll always be true

Oh won’t you come with me
And take my hand
Oh won’t you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand

In-a-gadda-da-vida honey
Don’t you know that I’m lovin’ you
In-a-gadda-da-vida baby
Don’t you know that I’ll always be true

Oh won’t you come with me
And take my hand
Oh won’t you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand

1
2
3
4

In-a-gadda-da-vida honey
Don’t you know that I’m lovin’ you
In-a-gadda-da-vida baby
Don’t you know that I’ll always be true

Oh won’t you come with me
And take my hand
Oh won’t you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand




Mr. Crowley
Ozzy Osbourne
Mr. Crowley
What went on in your head
Oh Mr. Crowley
Did you talk to the dead
Your lifestyle to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all those people with magic
Yeah
You waited on Satan's call
Mr. Charming
Did you think you were pure
Mr. Alarming
In nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred
Manifest on this earth
Ah conceived in the eye of a secret
Yeah
They scattered the afterbirth

Mr. Crowley
Won't you ride my white horse
Mr. Crowley
It's symbolic of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear that maiden’s call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

Was it polemically sent
I wanna know what you meant
I wanna know
I wanna know what you meant
Yeah

Lyrics From: [eLyrics.net]

Please Also Visit:

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Catherine!!! Wow, it has been such a long time since I have heard anything out of you. Did you ever apply to be on Food Network's Chopped?

      Delete
  2. Iron Butterfly I know not but would have been good to hear in 1968!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! It still is! That is, except for the lead guitar trying to make elephant noises. Yeah, I can do without that part.

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I haven't heard In-A- Gadda-Da-Vida for aaaaages. And I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! The drummer makes it look so very easy--doesn't he?

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! And I've just put it on my music stick for my car!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Shadow!!! My best friend in high school was a great drummer, and he patterned his drum solo in "Portrait of a Drummer" that our high school stage band performed after that solo in In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. It wasn't until around 20 years later that I made the connection, though. Hey, and I was considered extremely bright back during high school, too! Sigh.

      Delete
  4. I'll stick with Dave 'Baby' Cortez and Happy Organ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Grace!!! Yes, that was plumb snappy.

      Delete
  5. Someone once told me, and I don't know if it's true, that "In-a-gadda-da-vida" is actually "In a garden of Eden," but they were so stoned people couldn't understand them. Do you know anything about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! Yes, I have also heard that it actually stands for in the garden of Eden, and that makes perfect sense to me--even completely sober!

      Delete
  6. I have to ask of Adullamite...where were you in the Sixties, if you never heard Iron Butterfly?

    Of course it has been said "if you remember the Sixties, you're weren't there".... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! Well, Iron Butterfly was an American band from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, no less. So, they and their music would have had very little appeal to our good friend since they were not British.

      Delete
  7. Ozzy always had his tongue in cheek. He does a "doctor advice" column in one of the papers here and it's very entertaining and surprisingly ... well, I was going to say sensible. Not really sensible. No.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Jenny!!! I became a huge Ozzy Osbourne fan after listening to an interview of him over the radio late one night while I was still out on the truck. For I was quite impressed with how open he was about there being ten years of his life that he has absolutely no memory of, along the cost of the rock 'n' roll lifestyle upon his loved ones.

      Delete
  8. Love Iron Butterfly - what a blast from the past. found your cool site thru a link on Bee Hive Beezine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear ESS!!! I wish you were still posting to your site so that it could be included in one of our Sites To See.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.