Saturday, June 5, 2010

Real M'n'C - IX

The second book in line on FishHawk Droppings is [The Minister & The Crackerhead], and it is a fictitious account of an encounter between a more devoutly religious person (The Minister) and myself (The Crackerhead), based upon real events.  This series will be just like it—only these encounters will be real.  Granted, some of the text will have been changed in an effort to protect both the innocent and the guilty, but none of that will change anything about what was being conveyed.  No, none of this is meant to cast aspersions towards anyone, nor to make myself good.  In fact, be assured that I have been made all too painfully aware of the fact that most will not get the point of any of this.  For only those who have been allowed and enabled to understand can, but just how many who can will want to?  Therefore, if you have a question or an observation, please speak up—even if you sincerely believe that I may very well be one of Satan’s worst.

The Minister: If you don’t mind telling me, how sick are you and what exactly is wrong?

The Crackerhead: Clinically-speaking, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Plain and simple, I feel like I have had a bad to severe case of the flu since 1993, and there is no known cure yet.

The Minister: Sorry to hear that.  I have studied a lot about CFS.

The Crackerhead: This is the reason for my affliction: [2 Corinthians 12:7-10].

The Minister: Is that the only thing you are sick of?

The Crackerhead: I am now 5' 9.5" instead of a full 6' tall, and I now weight over 400 pounds instead of 200.  I also have diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea—all of which are because of the CFS, I think.

The Minister: I see.  They are all serious issues but God is good all the time.  I hope you have not given up on having your health back?

The Crackerhead: Be assured that I hope that each day will be the day when my sufferings will come to an end—one way or another, and I know that it will be as it should be in the end.

The Minister: Sometimes I don't understand you.  You sound as if God wants you to be sick.

The Crackerhead: He does [2 Corinthians 12:7-10], but this is not to say that He wants me to stay sick.  Nonetheless, it may not be until my time as a part of this world comes to an end before it happens.

The Minister: He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us. [2 Corinthians 1:10 NIV]

The Crackerhead: Be assured that the deliverance that verse is referring to is from the peril of eternal spiritual death.  For if it was speaking of physical perils, none of His children by faith would ever get sick, have hardships or physically die [2 Corinthians 4:7-12].

The Minister: I get that, but what I know from the way we pray here is to call unto God to change our lives for the better—never accepting a negative report.  Like the Bible says, we see in part and prophesy in part [1 Corinthians 13:9].  We all understand the Bible differently in our own peculiar way and I have seen many people get healed even when the odds were against them.

The Crackerhead: It all comes down to perspective.  For [2 Corinthians 12:7-10] could be considered a negative report, but it is actually for the glory of our Heavenly Father.  The best example that I have to give you is your own childhood.  For your name has been written in our Heavenly Father's Book of Life since before you were physically born into this world, and yet, you were subjected to unspeakable horrors.

The Minister: Yes, and God has made me see He had a purpose for my life.  Today, when I feel like giving up, I remember my past and all God has brought me from.  Then I have hope again.

The Crackerhead: Be assured that I am not happy about my condition.  In fact, I would willingly trade some eternal glory in order to not have to suffer anymore in this world if such an option was available.  Thankfully, it is not, and my Heavenly Father is faithful not to hold my natural weaknesses against me.

The Minister: I see

The Crackerhead: As in regards to each of us having our own particular understanding, this is one of the things that I have been given much to speak about.  For we are supposed to have the mind of Christ, which means that we should all see things as He sees them, to the extent that He allows and enables us to.  In other words, we should not be so willing to just accept that it is because of individual differences that there is not more unity in the body of Christ.

The Minister: I understand the thing is in my life God has really made me wait for most precious things I have received.  Hence, the gift of patience and endurance.  So, I look unto God, the author and finisher of my faith, daily even when am being tested.

The Crackerhead: Yes, and I am very hopeful that He will open your eyes to see more clearly now.  For this is not about being saved, nor remaining saved.  It is about having a much more personal relationship with Him while we are still a part of this world.  For most see Him as being far away—even when they speak of Him as being near, and I hope He will make Himself as real (and maybe even much more so) to you as He has for me.

The Minister: Amen!  Like I said, God has a purpose for us all and He, Jesus, has visited me and shown me so many things that made me know He is so real.  What I am saying is I have faith that whatever we ask God for He will do it.  Ask Him for healing on behalf of yourself and your wife and He shall do it.

The Crackerhead: Yes, I have absolutely no doubts about the absolute truth of the matter truly being that nothing is too difficult for Him to accomplish.

The Minister: After praying this evening, this is what the Lord placed in my heart when I asked Him a question.  This is the reply from the Holy Spirit, "For there to be healing, there must first be a need to be healed."  So, do you want to be healed?  Then, simply ask Him, and He shall give you life and life abundantly.  Does this not answer the question about being delivered from physical afflictions???  When the Lord gave me that word, I was startled, and I thought it is so true.  You must need to be healed and believe in healing from God for healing to come.

The Crackerhead: Be assured that I need to be healed from my perspective, and I believe with all of my heart, mind and soul that our Heavenly Father is well able to heal me.  In fact, I have believed as much since before I got so sick.  Therefore, is my continued sickness the result of not having enough faith or is it just in accordance of His will for me to stay sick for at least a little while longer?

The Minister: Definitely, I can't say it's because of lack of faith.  The thing is, with God all things are possible.  If you have prayed, then there is no problem, but the thing is to pray continuous, persistent prayers.  Even when it's like you will not be healed, keep hoping for the best.

The Crackerhead: Much of what you have just said about praying continuously is addressed in The Minister & The Crackerhead, which is the second book in line on FishHawk Droppings.  Please continue to read through it when you are given the time.

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

4 comments:

  1. First of all let me say that I'm sorry to hear of your illness.
    I must disagree with the minister that all that's necessary is prayer and the desire to be healed. I was always taught, and it's what I believe, that God does answer all prayers, but sometimes the answer is no. No matter how much you pray and really want something, you don't always get it.
    I do pray that you get the answers you've been looking for.
    Have a wonderful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Thank you also for your heartfelt wishes, and you are most correct about prayer. Tragically, one of the most cruel "Christian" doctrines out there is that the reason why we do not have everything that we want is because of our lack of faith. For this preys upon the most vulnerable at their weakest points in life, and our Heavenly Father allowed me to get really interested in that early on after He started making Himself real to me. Oh my, did I ever get excited the first time I heard Dr. Kevin Hagen preach over the radio about how to pray in order to get what we want from God. Thankfully, He keep me from sustaining too much damage while gaining some more very valuable first-hand experience with Satan's insidious traps. Yeah, I may very well be a certifiable nut-case for thinking as I do, but being in such poor shape myself has sure helped make me more compassionate towards the plight of others. For there really is more going on in this world than what may naturally come to meet our physical sight, and in more cases than what most want to believe, the poor and destitute are not there because of their own choices. On the other hand, there are those who are, of course, but even these should be shown mercy when possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that to achieve something we want, we have to do our part and then the part we can't do, we leave up to God.

    For ex.
    If we're sick, go to the doctor, follow doctor's advice, exercise, eat healthy, live a healthy lifestyle BUT maybe that isn't enough to really achieve the health we so desire and it would take a miracle to really get that and ONLY GOD could make that miracle BUT (again) it depends if HE wants you to have it or not.

    IF God sees you're better where you are and you're being used more effectively where you are than that is where you're best to be. Lacking faith has nothing to do with it.

    That's my opinion of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "IF God sees you're better where you are and you're being used more effectively where you are than that is where you're best to be. Lacking faith has nothing to do with it."

    You said it all very well there. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Thess!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.