Monday, June 7, 2010

Come Monday...Hallelujah

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

I have had a lot more “fun” the past couple of days than I was allowed and enabled to handle. So, there was nothing left to prepare what I wanted to post this time around. It will happen. That is, unless our Heavenly Father has other plans, of course.

In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy one of the finest songs ever composed. Be assured that there is more going on in the lyrics than can be naturally heard. Whether or not Mr. Cohen intended this, I have not been told, but that does not make it any less true.


Hallelujah
Leonard Cohen
Now I’ve hear there was a secret chord
That David played
And it pleased the Lord
But you don’t
Really care for music
Do you
It goes like this
The fourth
The fifth
The minor fall
The major rift
The baffled king
Composing
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Your faith was strong
But you needed proof
You saw her bathing
On the roof
Her beauty
And the moonlight
Overthrew ya
She tied you
To a kitchen chair
She broke your throne
And she cut your hair
And from your lips
She drew the
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don’t even know the name
But if I did
Well really
What’s it to ya
There’s a blaze of Light
In every word
It doesn’t matter
Which you heard
The Holy
Or the broken
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

I did my best
It wasn’t much
I couldn’t feel
So I tried to touch
I’ve told the truth
I didn’t come
To fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I’ll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue
But
Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah


Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

6 comments:

  1. I love that song! First heard of it from the movie "Shrek" which is my favorite movie and I don't care if anyone laughs because of that. And there's a video (shrek video too -lol)with that song in the background that makes me teary.

    the video shows a lonely ogre (to me represented by those who are plus size, deformed, disabled, sick people who have good hearts) who lost a beautiful princess (who turned out to be an ogre too, which to me represents a lot of women and people who seem perfect and happy on the outside but are just actually as insecure too) because he couldn't believe such a beautiful thing could actually love him.

    There's a lot of hurting people like that in the real world and it breaks my heart.

    NO ONE should ever have to feel not good enough not to be loved.

    See how a single song can make me feel so much? And say too much too lol.

    God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Thess!!! Oh, I wish I had seen that video version of the song. For I am a fairly big (in more ways than I would like to expound upon) fan of Shrek myself, and that certainly adds some more meaning to the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice song. I saw Shrek but don't recall hearing the song in it. Guess I must not have been paying very close attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! No, I don't think the song was in the actual movie, but there is a video out there that has the song with scenes from Shrek in it, which sounds like a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, He most certainly is. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Winter Gurl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.