Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back Again

Well, I am back online again.  No, I did not have another stroke, nor any other extraordinary physical maladies.  Although, there may be some coming on quick.

You see, our internet connection went down around 3 a.m. Friday (August 15) and Mediacom could not come out to see what may be wrong until just a few minutes ago.  Oh, and just to make me feel even better about the situation, the “cable guy” fixed the problem without so much as leaving the comfy confines of his service vehicle by doing a line check before ringing our front door bell, which is always a feel good moment, with our pups losing their minds every time that blessed bell goes off.  Yeah, I really need to disconnect our door bell, but that would require some common sense—wouldn’t it?

Anyway, to make our being disconnected from the internet all the more wonderful, we have home phone with Mediacom.  So, when the internet goes down, we have no phone service, and both Arlynda’s and her mother’s cellphones no longer like being recharged.

Besides, both of their flip-phones are tiny, and with me being the big, hulking manly man I truly am, I don’t do tiny very well at all.  This left Arlynda to have to deal with the Mediacom tech support when we first reported our problem around 9 a.m. last Friday.  The very knowledgeable Indian (dot—not feather) lady at the call center insisted that our modem was outdated and scheduled a service call for us at the earliest available time, which was at 10 a.m. this morning.  Our insistence that there was actually a problem with the line obviously went unchecked.  For she could have done what the “cable guy” did.

Be assured that my references to the young man, who fixed our problem by simply doing a line check, as being the “cable guy” (with all of connotations attached) is most justified.  For before he left, he kindly mentioned that he would put in his report that we thought there was a problem so that we would not be charged with scheduling an unnecessary service call.

Yeah, maybe I should go lie down for a while.  For my blood pressure is starting to make my ears ache.

Please Also Visit:

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! I had been actually wanting to take some time off because of feeling rather stretched thin lately, but I wanted it on different terms. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering what happened to you. Dealing with the people who work for these places can be so frustrating. It almost requires pain killers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! It is enough to make me want to start drinking again, but that would probably lead to some disastrous consequences.

      Delete
  3. Dealing with all this modern technology can be a pain in the butt. I remember when I could fix my TV by twisting the antennae on top of it or adjusting the aluminum foil on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! Oh, those days have not been all that far off for us. For we have only had cable for the last 15 years or so, and if it was not for my mother-in-law having to have her Hallmark Channel, I would be sorely tempted to return to them.

      Delete
  4. We've been having endless hassles with our internet connection as well. On. Off. Slooooooow. Seems to be everywhere? It's a conspiracy I say *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! Alas, we feel like we are trapped in a no-win situation. For the only alternative available to us in this particular part of town is AT&T DSL, and even though I have no doubts about receiving much better service, we would have to pay a lot more for a lot less speed. The last time I checked, we now have 23.6 Mbps download speed, which I have become really used to.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.