Saturday, September 1, 2012

Trib Updates


This is a weekly series that will include a brief summary of the latest articles that have been published on The Tribulation Times Herald-Exhorter.  Hopefully, this will encourage you to go check out some truly outstanding articles that have been published by a number of truly outstanding authors.  Moreover, I hope this will also encourage you to want to become a contributing member/author, as well.  The “Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!” site explanation near the top of the side-bar should answer many of your questions.  Yes, this series also included an “SOS! (Spam On Saturdays)”  segment before, but it just wasn’t working for me.  Therefore, that will be replaced by a republishing of one of the Trib articles.

[Birther Blather] has a video presentation of the alleged facts about President Obama being born in Kenya, amongst other things.

[By Their Own Authority] has a video of a worship service at T.D. Jakes’ Potter’s House.

[Whattahey?] contains the first edition of a weekly series featuring really bad video advertisments/television commercials that has been subsequently abandoned in favor of bringing back Good, Bad and Ugly Ads.

[ESPN Additions] contains the ad with the running of the sausages.

[WhiteHeart Wednesday] contains a video and the lyrics for Carry On.

[Demonic or Divine?] has a video clip from a National Geographic show on child preachers.


A few nights ago, my wife and I were watching the 10 p.m. newscast on [KSPR] when we heard the anchor report that there have been no confirmed cases of the [West Nile Virus] in Missouri so far this year, according to the [CDC].  We looked at each with a befuddled look on our faces almost immediately.  For we were both sure that we had heard otherwise, and a visit to the CDC website a couple of hours later [confirmed] our suspicions.

Ah, but I took a gentle approach when I sent an email to the anchor.  For I asked if we may have misunderstood what she was reporting.

Well, I didn’t receive an email back from the anchor, but she did pass on my email to the lovely and talented Ms. [Mary Maloney], who did email me back.  As it turned out, Mary had actually written the copy for the piece on mosquitoes threatening to take over [Nixa], and I was delighted with her freely admitting that all of the facts had not been rechecked before going on the air with a story that KSPR had obtained some of from one of their news partners.  I was also delighted with her expressing a desire to get things as right as possible, and I thanked her for wanting to be more than just another very pretty on-air personality.

Yeah, she might have been just shining me on.  For on the very next night, it was reported that a judge had ruled that Apple and Samsung had both infringed upon each other’s patents, and that Apple would be owing Samsung a tidy sum of money, which left me with another befuddled look on my face after hearing from CNBC and several other news outlets a day or so earlier that Apple had clearly won in their lawsuit against Samsung over [patent infringements], but Mary may have had nothing to do with that KSPR report.

Just in case I have left you with a befuddled look of your own, there wouldn’t have been any confusion with the KSPR piece if it had of just included some context.  For the KSPR anchor was reporting on a ruling made by a [South Korean court], which came after the ruling for Apple in an [American court], which is what I had been hearing about before.

Evidently, the markets don’t hold much stock in the South Korean ruling.  For the price for Samsung stock [plummeted] anyway.

In any event, I have no doubt that Mary has some work ahead of her in the fight against misinformation, and I am afraid that she will not be able to get very far with it.  For it couldn’t have become as bad as it has without someone higher up on the management ladder being asleep in front of the monitor.  We’ll be watching to see how it goes.

Please Also Visit:
and




4 comments:

  1. It is futile to try to analyze, much less argue with, TV "anchors'" reading of the news. They know nothing of what they read. Their job is to read and smile or look sad at the appropriate places. Same holds true for newspaper stories. All are simply taken off "wires" or written by teenaged news producers in the back room. Add this to the fact that they don't care: the automobile commercials are the only thing that counts with local TV news.

    I'm afraid the Samsung deal is even worse than you report. Here's what I heard. Samsung, a South Korean company, was being sued for patent infringement by Apple, a quasi-American company, in Japan (trying to get Japan to block a few of Samsung's products from being sold in Japan. The decision was by a Japanese judge, over a narrow issue, and was in favor of Samsung as far as this case goes. I know you don't lose any sleep over either of these things, any more than I lose sleep over them, but they are interesting from the point of view of how inaccurate our news sources usually are... and I think your post brought out how we no longer seem to concentrate on the important things in life, like getting rid of Obama. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Max!!! No, you will not persuade from this crusade of mine to shame newscasters into actually trying to understand what they are supposed to be covering. For after I set my mind to endeavor to persevere, I am going to endeavor to persevere. (Yeah, I know what that means. I looked it up and everything!)

    In regards to Apple vs. Samsung, it sounds like the Japanese court took a similar position to the Korean one. I haven't checked to see if there are any rulings pending in Europe. Since they have become unionized, it may be that the case will only be heard before a EU sanctioned court. Now, if that case ends up like the Asian ones, it might get really interesting. For ss it stands now, "they" are saying that the secondary American ruling may have Samsung owing Apple over $3 billion and having to remove a bunch of their smart phones and tablets from American selves, which will really wreck havoc with the Samsung stock price--not to mention the stock prices of the phone companies associated more with Android systems than Apple's, but if the EU court rules in favor of Samsung, the case might wind up in a virtual tie, which would send Apple's stock price a-tumbling down. Why any of this is of interest to me, I don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I could get away with being wrong as often as newscasters and weathermen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Me too, but I have Arlynda as a managing director, Making it worse is that none of our varmints see any shame in ratting me out for a treat or two.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.