Monday, September 17, 2012

Come Monday...Honey Boo Boo Child


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



In the pursuit of maintaining the highest standards of journalistic integrity, I feel compelled to disclose that this is most definitely a “don’t ask, don’t tell” situation here.  For I ain’t never going to ever admit to actually watching an episode of any of the shows being discussed.  So, you can keep all of your giggles to yourself.

[Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child] is a show currently airing on TLC, and if you are as personally unfamiliar with the show as I am, a marathon of “Family-Sized” extended episodes of the show is scheduled to begin airing at 7:00 p.m. CDT this evening (September 17, 2012).  So, you can see what all of the fuss is about for yourself.

As I am told, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child is a spin-off from [Toddlers & Tiaras], which is another show that I ain’t never watched an episode of (just to make it abundantly clear).  No, I do not have any idea why TLC would want to do that.

There is, however, one thing that I can admit to actually knowing something about, and that would be the mining around [McIntyre, Georgia], which is home for Honey Boo Boo Child and her immediate family.  For I picked up a few loads of a special kind of powdered clay in the area back while I was still trucking all over the place, and it was on the way to pick up one of those loads that I also picked up a very lovely hitchhiker in Douglas, Georgia after delivering some stuff to the Wal-Mart Distribution Center there, which is mentioned in [The Crackerhead Chronicles].

Alas, it was around that time that I first heard about the rapid moral decay of the American society from conservative talk-radio hosts, and the proliferation of shows like Toddlers and Tiaras and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child seems to indicate that they really did know what they were talking about.  Is it too soon to start hoping that that the end is near—like maybe coming at exactly 6:59 p.m. CDT this evening?


Please Also Visit:
and

4 comments:

  1. It's bad enough that someone is making shows like this, even worse that there are networks willing to air them but worst of all is that there is actually an audience for these things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Sounds like three strikes to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to wonder, how and why, don't you? Enjoy your week! I enjoyed your post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Karen!!! Arlynda (my wife) and I were talking about just how damaging this show could be to the other daughters. For Honey Boo Boo is young enough to blame her behavior upon just being a little girl, but what about the daughter who will be a sophomore in high school this year? For she is the one who makes such a big deal out of the virtues of farting! This should insure her inclusion in the "in-crowd"--right?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.