Monday, June 20, 2011

Come Monday...RyukyuMike

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

I started to title this piece as, WINNING!, but that brings up bad memories of Charlie Sheen’s meltdown.  Okay, and very few of you would believe it.  OKAY, anyone sober wouldn’t believe it, and the truth be told, he probably just felt sorry for me.

Anyway, around three weeks ago, I entered a contest on [Mike’s Ryukyu Gallery], and I was named one of the winners.  Oh yeah, I was absolutely thrilled.  For the following is what I won.


Yep, that’s an osprey, which is also known as a fish hawk.  Quite obviously, they also live on and around Okinawa.  For that is where Mike lives, and where most of his pictures are taken.





Not only does he take spectacular pictures of all sorts of wonderful things, Mike has a wonderful sense-of-humor, which will be sorely tested.  For when I first thought about the following song for this piece, I was thinking that he is a Scot.  Well, it turns out that Lynch is Irish.  I really do hope he still thinks it’s funny.


Please Also Visit:
and

8 comments:

  1. LOL ! Hope ya didn't go to too much trouble diggin' up the Scotch Tunes.
    I rarely bother with UTube stuff but, made an exception here. Cranked up the sound about 95 decibles and enjoyed it.
    Closest I ever came to bein' Scotch was with a gal and a bottle we shared, once. I have used a lot of Scotch Tape, though, over the years and I think they're right fine people. Thanks for the mention and the link. I'm passing the word around about your excellent blog, as well.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear RyukyuMike!!! I am really glad you liked this. The first time I ever heard "The Scotsman" was while listening to the Dr. Demento show in the middle of the night out in the middle of nowhere while I was still driving a truck. It's a good thing, too. For when I heard the part about winning first prize, I would have surely ran over anyone near because of laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your win and that is a perfect prize for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Thank you also for the congratulations. Be assured that I am absolutely thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scots/Irish we all come from the same Celtic stock, only difference is our whisky is real and we can drink them under the table with ease. Well done on winning one of Mike's spectacular photographs *gritted teeth*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ryan!!! Be assured that I would love to be a gracious winner, but in this case, YAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No problem with the Scottish tune as my research has shown that Lynch is in fact a Scotch-Irish name. Where that differs from either pure Scottish or pure Irish descent is that Scotch-Irish is Irish by birth and Scotch by absorbtion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Doc!!! Well, from the experiences I have had around both, it all depends upon what kind of mood they are in that determines if you get to be an assistant lyncher or one of the lynchees. (LOL?)

    By the way, I have added your wonderful site to the list for a future Sites To See. I will let you know when it is actually included, which will be a while because of how many were already on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.