Monday, June 13, 2011

Come Monday...GamesThatGive.com

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



Now, before you start accusing me of goofing off, please allow me to explain. I can’t see who it is, but I can hear someone in the back snickering. Thank you, that’s better.

Anyway, a little over a week ago, my wife asked me to check out something that the company she works for is involved in. I’m not sure it what way, but what she wanted me to check out was [GamesThatGive.com].

Was that another snicker? Oh, I think it was.

Yes, the absolute truth of the matter truly is that I am pretty worthless anymore. For I haven’t been able to earn any money in over 10 years now, but this has given me an opportunity to help, albeit in a very small way.

You see, [The Greater Good Network] will donate up to ten cents for every minute played to either The Hunger Site, The Breast Cancer Site, The Rainforest Site, The Child Health Site, The Literacy Site or The Animal Rescue Site.  You can specify which one, and the 600 minutes that I played the past week was for [The Animal Rescue Site].

Okay, I know I heard something, and it sounded like a muffled snort! Do you people have any decorum about you?

Come on now, this is going for a very good cause, and there are plenty of others that desperately need your help. Besides, you might find that giving to charity in this way can be a lot of fun!

Please Also Visit:
and

10 comments:

  1. Decorum, that means painting the house doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Yeah, but I think it has more to do with interior decorating than exterior painting. In any event, it has to do with good breeding and proper etiquette. So, I suppose it was pretty stupid of me to think that any of my readers would have any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks a lot ! I thought I had proper etiquette!

    I'm HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





    by the way what is etiwuette, anyway???????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear that wasn't me snickering. No really, it wasn't. Don't believe me, ask Duke. He'll answer you just as soon as he finishes his bacon.
    That really is a good idea. Why not help someone out by having a little fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Jel!!! Are you and Adullamite related?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, for a slab of bacon, Duke would tell me anything you wanted him to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep forgetting that site has games - they work well on my MAC - not all games do. More ways to piss the day away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! Were you the one that broke it? I haven't been able to access the Facebook page that holds these games for around 6 hours now, and I am looking for someone to blame! I hope they get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just click on the animal rescue site link: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/gamesthatgive.faces?siteId=3 and then bookmark that - takes you to the games!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! Yes, that is the link that I have using. In fact, the image here is linked to that URL, and I was in error about their Facebook page being down. For one could still access it, but when you clicked on linked image to load the games, nothing would happen for at least the 6 hours that I know of. It is working just fine now, however.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.