Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TWO FOR TUESDAY


Not every song that will be featured here will be what is generally considered as being “Christian” in the eyes of this world. For some will be anguished cries from the pit of despair, and others will be quite obviously ferverent rants of rebellion. Nonetheless, be assured that they will all be of our Heavenly Father (in one way or another) and I hope that you have been given ears to hear the message.


For Your Love
The Yardbirds
For your love

For your love

For your love
I’d give you everything and more
And that’s for sure
For your love
I’d bring you diamond rings
And things right to your door
For your love
To thrill you with delight
I’ll give you diamonds bright
There’ll be the things that will excite
To make you dream of me at night
For your love
For your love
For your love

For your love
For your love
I would give the stars above
For your love
For your love
I would give you all I could

For your love

For your love

For your love
I’d give the moon
If it were mine to give
For your love
I’d give the stars
And the sun before I live
For your love
To thrill you with delight
I’ll give you diamonds bright
There’ll be things that will excite
To make you dream of me at night
For your love
For your love
For your love
For your love


You’re A Better Man Than I
The Yardbirds
Can you judge a man
By the way he wears his hair
Can you read his mind
By the clothes that he wears
Can you see a bad man
By the pattern on his tie

Well then mister
You’re a better man than I
Yeah mister
You’re a better man than I
Oh mister
You’re a better man than I
Yeah mister
You’re a better man than I

Could you tell a wise man
By the way he speaks or spells
Is this more important
Than the stories that he tells
And call a man a fool
If for wealth he doesn’t strive

Well then mister
You’re a better man than I
Yeah mister
You’re a better man than I
Oh mister
You’re a better man than I
Yeah mister
You’re a better man than I

Can you condemn a man
If you’re faith he doesn’t hold
Say the color of his skin
Is the color of his soul
Could you say that men
For king and country all must die

Well mister
You’re a better man than I
Yeah mister
You’re a better man than I
Oh mister
You’re a better man than I
Yeah mister
You’re a better man than I

Lyrics From: [Sing365.com]

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

18 comments:

  1. What a group. Clapton left after that first song, too commercial for him then, and was replaced by Jeff Beck no less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Then, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant joined, and the band finally turned into Led Zeppelin, which is why it is scheduled to be up next week. (Okay, I was trying to sound impressive there. For I just "discovered" all of that history about The Yardbirds a couple of weeks ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't thought of them in years. I guess it's because Clapton became so famous on his own.

    Hope you have a great day FH!
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I did not know they turned into Led Zeppelin...learn something new everyday!!:-))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Jackie!!! I didn't know that either until I read what is on their Wikipedia page. I thought it was interesting that the "New Yardbirds," which consisted of the Led Zeppelin members by then, lasted a month, and then changed their name to Led Zeppelin after some squabble about who really owned the rights to the name, "The Yardbirds."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yardbirds

    ReplyDelete
  6. if I remember correctly is music beat. In those years, many musical groups, made use of LSD, how can we forget the Beatles with strawberries for ever, created under the influence of drugs. Not to mention the rolling stones. The drugs in those years was very popular with bands and artists. It's been almost forty years now, but the "music" does not change. thank you so much of the song, dear FishHawk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember seeing them sing this on Dick Clark's American Bandstand. decades ago. wowwww how the memories come flooding back. great post FishHawk. the Zepplin link was a revelation to me actually. and I'm a zepplin fan big time.

    Hey What NO Link to BadGalsRadio ?
    in your sites to see ((I'm sad))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I do know the first song I don't recall ever hearing the name of that band. Although I see from your comments they turned into Led Zeppelin and I most certainly know them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always liked the Yardbirds...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear David!!! I am really glad you enjoyed this.

    Yes, LSD (and a lot of other hallucinogenic substances) did have quite an influence upon rock music, but there was (and still is) an even stronger influence that very few want to hear about. For most in the Christian community do not want to believe that our Heavenly Father has anything to do with any music that does not openly praise His name, and most non-Christians do not want to believe that He has any influence upon anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear BadGal!!! My oversight will be corrected posthaste!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ron!!! Thank you also for becoming a follower, and I have just returned the favor. Furthermore, "The Old Geezer" is on the list for a future Sites To See here. I will let you know when it is actually included, which will be a while because of how many were already on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! Well, as it turns out, so have I! For I have loved many of their songs, but I didn't realize that they were by The Yardbirds until just recently. (Better late than never?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! The Yardbirds broke-up in '68, which was several years before you were born--right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Were you one of the sweet young things screaming all through that performance?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.