Monday, November 22, 2010

Come Monday...The One Life Photography Project

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



If you are a fan of fantastic photography, January 1, 2011 is most certainly a date to look forward to. For this is when the [One Life Photography Project] will be published online, and it will undoubtedly include some of the most incredible shots ever taken.

Take the image above as an example. It was taken by [Edward McHugh], and I find it absolutely fascinating. For it begs to question, “Was this an old school house or a church?” It certainly looks like it could have been either one, and then there are some mysterious hints captured on film. For on the left-side of the doorway there is what appears to be the shadow of someone standing erect, and on the right-side, there is what appears to be the shadow of someone holding a book. A Bible, perhaps? For a cross can be clearly seen through the middle window, or is this just an exposed part of an outer wall?

Of course, those are not the only questions that the picture encourages. For it appears to be smack-dap in the middle of nowhere, and there are no signs of there being any traffic of any kind around the building for years and years. So, what is the deal here?

Okay, maybe this photograph does not hold the same fascination for you, but that is the way art works. For what you may find incredible, someone else might consider not worth a second look.

In any event, I am quite sure that there will be something for everyone on display, and in the meantime, please pay at least a long visit to Rverspirit’s [One Life Submissions Page] and his [blog & gallery]. I am quite sure that you will be very glad that you did.

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

6 comments:

  1. I too love taking photographs of old buildings for the very reason you mentioned in this article.

    They do make one wonder, who lived there, perhaps died there, their struggles in life and such.

    This is an exceptional shot. I too can see what appears to be a figure standing in the shadows of the doorway.

    I, myself, have been lacking in time to go out, take a day or two and travel around getting shots.

    I was on the road and gone for three months with my husband. The plan was to use that time for my photography.

    However, he got stuck on a dedicated run from Ohio to Canada, for almost the entire three months. It was toll way almost the entire way so not many shots to grab on a toll way.

    What shots I did get were originally downloaded onto our new laptop which runs Windows Vista. I run Windows XP on my desktop at home. Every time I load the discs onto my old PC to grab my images it crashes my pc.

    I keep trying but so far with little success. I am praying for a new pc.

    This is a wonderful write up and I look forward to seeing more of his work.

    I will also check out Fish Hawk Droppings if I can load the page. I am on satellite feed here and very close to being shut down for going over my allotted time.

    It is almost impossible to visit anyone. But, I am visiting my favorite people today. At least as many as I can.

    Have a great day!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing old buildings like that and wondering about them. What did they look like in their early years, who lived there, or worked there. I love the shot and the photography project sounds fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Jackie!!! Thank you also for letting me know that you saw at least one of the silhouettes. For I see stuff like that all of the time, and my wife hasn't been all that helpful with convincing me that I am not plumb nuts. In fact, I think she has been encouraging me to believe that I am. (LOL?)

    As in regards to FishHawk Droppings, it is all text, except for the stuff on the sidebar. So, it shouldn't take up too much bandwidth, and I think you will really enjoy The Crackerhead Chronicles, which is an abbreviated account of my life so far, with much of it being about my trucking days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Duke tells me that you have the talent to participate in projects like that, but I'm not so sure. (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it make you wonder and think about who lived there and what happened to them - about their life?

    Sandie♥ HAPPY THANKSGIVING

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Yes, it most certainly does.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.