Tuesday, November 9, 2010

TWO FOR TUESDAY

Link: [Cream]

Not every song that will be featured here will be what is generally considered as being “Christian” in the eyes of this world. For some will be anguished cries from the pit of despair, and others will be quite obviously ferverent rants of rebellion. Nonetheless, be assured that they will all be of our Heavenly Father (in one way or another) and I hope that you have been given ears to hear the message.


White Room
Cream
In the white room
With black curtains
Near the station
Black roof country
No gold pavements
Tired starlings
Silver horses
Ran down moonbeams
In your dark eyes
Dawn light smiles
On you leaving
My contentment

I’ll wait in this place
Where the sun never shines
Wait in this place
Where the shadows run from themselves

You said no strings
Could secure you
At the station
Platform ticket
Restless diesels
Goodbye windows
I walked into
Such a sad time
At the station
As I walked out
Felt my own need
Just beginning

I’ll wait in the queue
When the trains come back
Lie with you
Where the shadows run from themselves

At the party
She was kindness
In the hard crowd
Consolation
For the old wound
Now forgotten
Yellow tigers
Crouched in jungles
In her dark eyes
She’s just dressing
Goodbye windows
Tired starlings

I’ll sleep in this place
With the lonely crowd
Lie in the dark
Where the shadows run from themselves


Badge
Cream
Thinkin’ ‘bout the times you drove in my car
Thinkin’ that I might have drove you too far
And I’m thinkin’ ‘bout the love that you laid on my table

I told you not to wander around in the dark
I told you ‘bout the swans that they live in the park
Then I told you ‘bout our kid now he’s married to Mabel

Yes I told you that the light goes up and down
Don’t you notice how the wheel goes ‘round
And you better pick yourself up from the ground
Before they bring the curtain down
Yes before they bring the curtain down

Talkin’ ‘bout a girl that looks quite like you
She didn’t have the time to wait in the queue
She cried away her life since she fell off the cradle


Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

8 comments:

  1. Haven't heard that first one in ages, the second one I don't remember ever hearing. Oh well at least I know one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claptons a legend, great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the group Cream. Did you know that White Room was about a dead lover in a coffin? My sister told me this many years ago. I love their music. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, still such great songs. Clapton has always been a fave of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I can remember hearing the second song, Badge, a lot way back when, but I don't recall ever knowing what it was called, nor that it was by Cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ryan!!! The Yardbirds are due up next week, but both songs will be Claptonless. I will be having him as solo act later on down the line, however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Theresa!!! No, I didn't know that about White Room. It makes sense, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Mike!!! I especially love Ginger Baker's drums in White House. For they are actually a part of the melody, and not just for keeping time. Of course, Cream would not have been so great without Clapton.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.