Thursday, May 20, 2010

The White Stripes vs. Weird Al Yankovic



Icky Thump
The White Stripes
Iiiiieeee
Icky Thump
Who’da thunk
Sittin’ drunk on a wagon to Mexico
Ah well
What a chump
Well my head got a bump
When I hit it on the radio
Redhead senorita
Looking dead
Came and said
Need a bed
In Espanol
I said
Gimme a drink of water
I’m gonna sing around the collar
And I don’t need a microphone

Icky Thump
With a lump in my throat
Grabbed my coat
And I was freaking
I was ready to go
And I swear
Besides the hair
She had one white eye
One blackened stare
Lookin’ up
Lyin’ there
On the stand
Near her hand
Was a candy cane
Black rum
Sugar cane
Dry ice
And something strange
La la la la la
La la la la la
Laaa
Laaa
Laaa

White Americans what
Nothing better to do
Why don’t you kick yourself out
You’re an immigrant too
Who’s usin’ who
What should we do
Well you can’t be a pimp
And a prostitute too

Icky Thump
Handcuffed to a bunk
Robbed blind
Looked around
And there was nobody else
Left alone
I hit myself with a stone
Went home
And learned how
To clean up after myself

NOTE: The following song by Weird Al Yankovic is not a parody of the previous song. For CNR is reportedly meant as a homage to The White Stripes style of play, and Icky Thump came as close as possible in my opinion. With the following video being produced by the [JibJab] bunch, along with Weird Al’s usual hilarity, I don’t think you’ll be too disappointed, however.






CNR
Weird Al Yankovic
Charles Nelson Reilly was a mighty man
The kind of man you’d never disrespect
He stood eight feet tall
Wore glasses
And had a third nipple on the back of his neck
He ate his own weight in coal
And excreted diamonds everyday
He could throw you down a flight of stairs
But you still would love him anyway
Yeah you know you’d love him anyway

Charles Nelson Reilly won the Tour de France
With two flat tires and a missing chain
He trained a rattlesnake to do his laundry
I’m telling you the man was insane
He could rip out your beating heart
And show it to you before you died
Everyday he’d make the host of Match Game
Give him a piggyback ride
Yeah two hour piggyback ride
Giddy-up Gene

Ninja warrior
Master of disguise
He could melt your brain
With his laser beam eyes
Oh yeah
Oh yeah
Had his own line at the DMV
He made sweet sweet love to a manatee
Oh yeah
Oh yeah that was something to see
I tell ya

Charles Nelson Reilly figured out cold fusion
But he never ever told a soul
I’ve seen the man unhinge his jaw
And swallow a Volkswagen whole
He’d bash you face in with a shovel
If you didn’t treat him like a star
You could spit at the wind
Or tug at Superman’s cape
But Lord knows you don’t mess around with CNR
No no no no

Talkin’ about CNR

Oh


Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Yeah, we're old enough to remember Charles Nelson Reilly and Gene Rayburn in all of their glory, and that is what makes Weird Al's so funny. Well, okay, at least I am old enough, and you have obviously seen some really old reruns. (Better?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna say Weird Al takes this one hands down. I've never even heard of White Stripes and I don't recall ever hearing that song before. I listened to the whole thing hoping it would sound familiar, but nope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I first ran across The White Stripes while I was gathering some music for my nephew a few years back, but Icky Thump was new to me, which is the same as with Weird Al's CNR. I really liked them both, and I won't ask you about your memories of The Match Game--okay?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.