Thursday, May 6, 2010

Entrecard Top Droppers: April, 2010


Well, another month has come and went, and I don’t know what to think about [Entrecard]. Okay, I suppose I do, but it is not something that I am comfortable with. For I know that the detractors are right in regards to far too many Entrecard members being really nothing more than hustlers at best, and downright scoundrels at worst. For in order to take full advantage of what the system has to offer, one must drop 300 cards a day, which would take 25 hours to complete—just spending 5 minutes on each site.

So, a compromise must be reached. For if I remember right, there are only 24 hours in each day.

Yet, I still want my cake and to eat it, too. For I keep dropping 300 cards a day while denying that I am as much of a “drop and runner” as anyone else is. Hence, the uncomfortable part.

No, I don’t know what I am going to do. For how can I keep hoping for as many as will to pay close attention to what is going on here (along with what is contained on [FishHawk Droppings]) while I regularly spend mere seconds on most of their sites?

Speaking of such, it would seem that what house-cleaning that the powers that be over at Entrecard have done has gotten rid of much of the so-called ghost-dropping. For I was getting well over 9,000 drops every month (sometimes over 10,000) before, and now the amount is only around 7,500.

Of course, some of that is due to many quality sites leaving the system because of this or that. To be quite honest about it, I would like to leave, as well, but I think there may be something to what I’ve heard about Entrecard dropping being rather addicting. Besides, even if only one out the thousands catches a glimpse of what our Heavenly Father has given me to say, it is well worth all of the pain and aggravation.

Therefore, I should just get on with listing the top droppers here for last month in alphabetical order. Be assured that I greatly appreciate their efforts, but this may be the last time I post such a list. For I suspect that it is not entirely accurate.





















































Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]



21 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Silvergirl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear where you're coming from about EC. I've played with the idea of dropping out too. Using Dropzone has helped with amassing EC credits and enabled me to advertize with more quality sites (like yours!). I found that going back to the reciprocal model of dropping from my EC box has reinvigorated my interest: I love EC because it gives me a channel to connect with a lot of great sites. True, we've lost a lot of good people this year, but there are plenty still around and if I can support them by dropping, I'll do it. Like you say, it's a hard habit to break!

    Cheers,
    James
    http://zheist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear James!!! Alas, what is wrong with us? On the other hand, meeting truly wonderful people like you through Entrecard does mollify the shame somewhat. (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself have thought about dropping EC for more reasons then the ones you have given. And to be honest I only drop about 160 a day. But I often wonder just how many of my consistent droppers are even aware of what my blog is about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to drop, but I am much more particular as to which blogs I drop on. I refuse to spend my time dropping on splogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I just commented, but I have something to add. Not to mention Blog Catalog. I've never seen so much spam. Do some of these people not understand that you can actually see who's visited your blog. I've been looking for other ways to promote. I've met some very wonderful people, but also seen some awful spam and ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congragulations, I don't understand entrecards, I only approve those that want to advertise on my site, however, I think I understand your pain, thus I'll visit some of the congrats you posted here..have a great week...

    Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! to the droppers. I no longer use EC and it gives me much more time for other things but I must admit, I do miss it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHOWOFF!!! :) Sorry couldn't help myself since Duke and I probably don't even get 3000 drops a month. Back when I was dropping 300 a day though it may have been higher. I just don't care all that much about it any more. I think I only keep it so that people can get cheap advertising on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woww those are some really good sites. and they visit you alot. that means you're doing something right FishHawk. I however concur. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes i was wondering the same thing for my blog.I am wondering if its actualy good to keep the widget?

    Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by again (and again), my dear Glenna!!! Yes, there are many of us who are thinking along the same lines. If you haven't already checked it out, the new "Tribal Blogs" just might be a good fit for you. Well, at least in regards to finding some who will undoubtedly be greatly interested in your artworks.

    http://www.tribalblogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lynne!!! When I first joined, I was quite religious about returning drops, and there were times when I literally had to force myself to visit some sites. Then, I started getting more than 300 a day, and this gave me an excuse to be more choosy. Now, I have some that I try to drop on everyday, and others when they have a new post. No, none of them are splogs, and I try to avoid those kinds with a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Dorothy!!! Your site serves as a good example of what I am so ashamed about. For all of your posts are well worth paying close attention to, and yet, I will often just skim along on my way to your Entrecard widget. Sorry. I have been a bad, bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Joanne!!! Your sites are certainly counted amongst the many quality sites that have left, and be assured that they are greatly missed in my rotation. On the hand, I am glad that you are happier now. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, you and Duke have had no idea just what a big-shot I really am, and now that you know, I suppose you-all will not appreciate it as much as you should. Alas, such are the burdens of having to deal with commoners. Anyway, thanks for stopping by again, my dear(s) Ann and Duke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear BadGal!!! Yeah, some just can't get enough of me, and I really can't blame them a bit. (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Vanilla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Leon!!! Well, it certainly can't hurt, and it is still a very good means of attracting a following. Of course, the bottom-line is that it all depends upon your content that determines whether or not someone will want to keep coming back--regardless of how much promotion is employed.

    By the way, I have added your "Dont Come Here" to the list for a future Sites To See. I will let you know when it is actually included, which will be a while because of how many were already on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.