Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TWO FOR TUESDAY


Not every song that will be featured here will be what is generally considered as being “Christian” in the eyes of this world. For some will be anguished cries from the pit of despair, and others will be quite obviously ferverent rants of rebellion. Nonetheless, be assured that they will all be of our Heavenly Father (in one way or another) and I hope that you have been given ears to hear the message.


For What It’s Worth
Buffalo Springfield
There’s something happening here
What it is
Ain’t exactly clear
There’s a man with a gun over there
Telling me
I got to beware

I think it’s time we
Stop
Children
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

There’s battle lines being drawn
Nobody’s right
If everybody’s wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance
From behind

I think it’s time we
Stop
Hey
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

What a field day for the heat
A thousand people
In the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say
Hooray for our side

I think it’s time we
Stop
Hey
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life
It will creep
It starts when you’re always afraid
You step out of line
The man come and take you away

You’d better
Stop
Hey
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

You’d better
Stop
Hey
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

You’d better
Stop
Now
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

You’d better
Stop
Children
What’s that sound
Everybody look
What’s going down

Bluebird
Buffalo Springfield
Listen to my bluebird laugh
She can’t tell you why
Deep within her heart
You see
She knows only crying
Just crying
Yeah

There she sits
A lofty perch
Strangest color blue
Flying is forgotten now
Thinks only of you
Just you
Ah yeah

So
Get all those blues
Must be a thousand hues
And each just differently used
You just know
You sit there mesmerized
By the depth of her eyes
That you can’t categorize
She got soul
She got soul
She got soul
She got soul

Do you think
She knows you
Do you think
At all

Soon she’s going to fly away
Sadness is her own
Reverse of a bath of tears
And go home
And go home

Lyrics From: [Sing365.com]

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that first one brings back so many memories to another place and time. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Buffalo Springfield is one of my favorites...just love Stills' voice. And then CSN&Y...another "ahhh!" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a cool blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the oldies. I know the first one well but the second one I don't seem to remember ever hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. classic, classic, classic...the music from the 70's has held up and is still amazingly relevant...WE WE RIGHT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and in this case our anthem for the late 60's...we were still right...posted to my FB wall...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! "For What It's Worth is one of my all-time favorite songs, but I had no idea what its title really was until I went to find something for Buffalo Springfield. For I had always thought that its title was "What's That Sound," or "Everybody Look What's Going Down." (No, as a matter of fact, I wasn't toking way too much on something back then!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Holly!!! Ah yes, you know the connection between Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and Buffalo Springfield, and it is to that particular super-group that the last few weeks have been leading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Campbell Jane!!! I am really glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I must admit that I don't remember ever hearing "Bluebird" before either, but its lyrics were just too good to pass up. Furthermore, I thought its musical rock/folk/blue grass/country styling was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again (and again), my dear Amy!!! I have never gotten to see them in concert, but I was parked not too far away from one of their original tour busses in a truck stop near Tracy, CA back in the early 90's (I think). I didn't go over to try to meet any of them, however.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love Buffalo Springfield...so much talent, one of those super groups!!!

    I thought that you might enjoy this version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0yCM5uhQU

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by again, and for providing a link to The Muppets version of For What It's Worth, my dear Coleen. I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.