Monday, May 31, 2010

Come Monday...May We Learn And Remember

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).




While watching a broadcast of the trip that several [College of the Ozarks] students made with some American veterans to [Normandy] to commemorate the 65th anniversary of [D-Day], I found myself being filled with a very potent mixture of rage and anguish. For a great deal of the suffering that the survivors have had to endure has been unnecessary.

No, this is not to suggest that their participation in [World War II] was nothing to be upset about. For there should be no doubts about the horrors they witnessed, but even after all of these years, there was no indication given that anyone who went on that trip understood what is going on.

Yeah, if you have been paying any attention to what I have said about my past here and there, I cannot naturally blame you a bit for thinking that I have some nerve. For I failed to even just complete basic training—let along distinguish myself on the battlefield, but what I have been given to say here has nothing to do with that. For everything that we experience in this world is meant to show us something that our Heavenly Father wants us to see, and all who have seen combat should have no doubts about the fact that there is more going on in this world than what naturally comes to meet our physical sight, with the end of that road leading to a very close and personal relationship with Him.

No, the show did not seek to address anything of the sort, but it should have been clear to all who are not Spiritually blind and deaf. For all of the veterans were rather reluctant to talk about their experiences during the war, and the main reason given was because of all of the death they had witnessed.

Hence, a clear indication of the fact that they do not look upon our lives in this world as being meant to be temporary. More importantly, a clear indication of the fact that they do not recognize the absolute truth of the matter being that no one can physically die unless our Heavenly Father wants them to, and that their death marks the end of their pain and suffering in this world—regardless of where they are destined to be spend all of eternity, which is something that we are not to judge.

There is, of course, another side to that story. For when we physically die, we leave loved ones behind, who suffer loss on account of our passing, but is it not true that those who live on are generally considered to be more blessed—even in the eyes of the Christian community?

Alas, I realize that I have a twisted way of looking at life in this world. For I have lived a fairly miserable life to date, and I naturally consider it to be of no great value. Subsequently, I really do long for it end much sooner than later.

Woe is me. For by thinking in such a way as that, I contradict what our Heavenly Father actually says is absolutely true. For if it is indeed true that everything I have experienced has been for the purpose of showing me something that He wants me to see, how can I righteously consider my life in this world to be of no great value?

No, this has not been an easy piece to write. For I know that most will recoil in horror over daring to say anything negative about those who fought for our freedom during World War II. After all, are they not called our greatest generation, but is this indeed true?

In all fairness, it may not be their fault that they still cannot Spiritually see, nor hear. For it all depends upon what our Heavenly Father wants to accomplish in and through someone that determines when (and to what extent) He will allow and enable them to see and hear what He wants them to, and it may very well be that the ones on that show have not been allowed and enabled to see and hear yet. In fact, many will never be required to see and hear all that much in this world.

Be assured that I hope that I have not been deceived about that. For my own dad refused to talk about landing on Omaha Beach with the [US Army 1st Infantry Division] in the second wave to come ashore on June 6, 1944, and he never gave any indication that he understood as he could have.

In far too many cases, however, the absolute truth of the matter truly is that it is really just a rhetorical question when someone cries out, “What is going on?” For they have no expectation of ever understanding, and when our Heavenly Father answers them, they dismiss it as being just a stupid thought that came out of nowhere.


MP3 Audio Player From: [BlogDumps Video]

Remember This
WhiteHeart
Hey hey yeah yeah
We gotta remember this
Hey hey yeah yeah
Gotta remember this
Remember
Gotta remember

So this is really love
So this is what it means
It’s better than I dreamed
Have we ever been this close
Just feel the Father here
He’s holding us together
Together
Whoa whoa oh

We gotta remember this
Oh we gotta remember this
We gotta remember this
Forever
Remember
We gotta remember

No matter where we go
A different time and space
We can come back to this place
‘Cause what we’re feeling here
Was never meant to end
It’s love He keeps on sending
Unending
Whoa whoa oh

We gotta remember this
Remember
Remember
We gotta remember this
Forever
Remember
We gotta remember

This is all He’s ever wanted
The way it’s meant to be
Oh you and I can stay together
In the arms of His mystery
Oooh oooh ah
Forever

We gotta remember this
All our life
We gotta remember this
‘Cause we need
‘Cause we need
His kind of love
We gotta remember this
Only His kind of love
Oh we gotta remember this
Oh
Oh we gotta remember this

Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

7 comments:

  1. My son served in Iraq and when he came home he made it very clear that, although others may have seen worse, he did not want to talk about what happened while he was there. All I know is that whatever it was that he experienced it changed him and not necessarily in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry that he had to experience something that horrific. Hopefully, the day will come when our Heavenly Father will allow and enable him to understand that what we may mean for bad--He means for good, and your son will be willing to accept it. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you feel like your life is miserable. But, as I read your post, this verse came to mind which is John 16:33, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

    The actual translation should be "be of good courage" and not cheer as almost all Bible use. To me that verse then makes sense. God promises that yes, we will have trials and tribulations, but we are to take courage and not be "fake or not real," we are to just be whatever we feel, or think for you cannot change that in the moment.

    Also, as I read your post I was reminded of Marvin Gaye's song, "What's Going On?" which although was written about the Vietnam war and other political events, it remains pertinant today.

    Those who are serving have many issues that really should be addressed by a professional mental health person due to post-traumatic stress.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD78i6eoGkM is the link to Marvin Gaye's song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Coleen!!! Thank you also for leaving a link to that great Marvin Gaye song. You are right that we are to focus upon the absolute truth of the matter being that the sufferings of all who are truly in Christ Jesus are not in vain, but when one has been allowed and enabled to see as much as I have, it is easy to feel overwhelmed (naturally-speaking, of course). For it is written: For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief. {Ecclesiastes 1:18 NIV}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not big on the Jesus stuff, Fish, but you do make me sad when you say that your life has been miserable. I think you need to change that and find a way to be less miserable from here on out. I wish you peace, pally. Peace within yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, what you just said is something that I wish I could change, but it has to be between you and Him, my dear Lin. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.