Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Cracks in My Snow Globe?



One could say that it sure appeared to be an absolutely incredible night without employing any exaggeration at all.  For it looked more like high noon than around midnight with an extraordinarily bright full moon shining down upon well over three feet of freshly fallen snow and more coming down.

Adding all the more to the surrealism was an occasional gust of wind.  For it would send millions of tiny ice crystals and snowflakes swirling into the air—much like glitter in a snow globe after it has been shook.

In spite of my agony, I just had to smile at the thought of a snow globe.  For one of the funniest things I have ever seen is a Pixar short film about a snowman trying to get out of his snow globe in order to have some fun with a blonde beach bunny, who was urging him to come on over and party with her and her friends.

However, my moment of mirth was just that—a moment.  For what floated through my mind next was an image of our Heavenly Father and dozens of His holy angels laughing their heads off while watching the most popular comedy in Heaven, which was a show about me trying to get out of the snow globe I had been trapped in my entire life.  In reality, I had always thought of my life in this world as being more like being trapped in a vacuum than a snow globe, but the premise remains the same. 


That was an excerpt from [Let Your Will Be Done] and the Pixar short film mentioned in it.  Let Your Will Be Done is the second in line of four books added to [FishHawk Droppings].

[A Love For TheAges] is the first one now in line, and it should be more acceptable to all who are highly allergic to direct references to our Heavenly Father.  For it does not contain any, but the short story should still sound very familiar.

Rounding out the new additions are [Broken Branches] and [The God Box].  Downloadable fancy PDFs of the four additions are now available for free. The same applies for the other four books on the site.

Alas, the wonderful lives that Arlynda and I have been given to live continue to deteriorate.  Therefore, I have been given permission to ask for donations from those who receive some value from the books on FishHawk Droppings.  Be assured that even just a dollar would mean so very much.

Hearing just how much you enjoyed reading what I have been given to say would mean even more, of course.  All who did not find anything enjoyable can keep their comments to themselves—thank you so very much!

Oh, my Editor just reminded me of the fact that you could not see me grinning when I wrote that last part.  I am really sorry about that (kinda).

Please Also Visit:

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back!
    But I understand how the snowman feels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! Yeah, I can imagine you running a jackhammer.

      Delete
  2. Living in a snow globe? *rolling around laughing* Yes Jerry, I believe I live in one too, no way could the real world be as insane as the one in my snow globe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! Funny, I had you pegged as being more like the mermaid. (LOL?) (Sorry?) (I think I had better shut up now.)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. I strongly suggest you not try and break out of your snow globe to go romping with blonde beach bunnies. I'm thinking you would find yourself in a heap of trouble with Arlynda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, and she would make me clean up the mess!

      Delete
  4. I choose a beach globe over a snow globe, being, of course, a beach-loving, ex-beach-living bunny. Now that I'm an old rabbit doesn't mean I no longer love the coast, though!

    Good to have you back, Jerry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! I don't think I have ever heard of a beach globe before.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, Jerry! I love snowglobes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Linda!!! I certainly love looking at them a lot more than being trapped in one.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.