Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Good, Bad and Ugly Ads


Since I have not been given much of a life, I watch an awful lot of television, which includes an awful lot of commercials.  Now, a “GOOD” ad is one that holds my attention and makes me want to at least learn more about the product or service it is for.  A “BAD” ad is one that quickly becomes nothing more than background noise when it cannot be skipped over.  “UGLY” ads are much worse.  For not only do they make we want to never see them again, they make me want to never have anything to do with the company that paid for them to be produced.  Of course, you may feel differently, but I sure wouldn’t say much about it around anyone with a lick of sense.  For I am, after all, an expert on such things—albeit only in my own mind!

GOOD

BAD

UGLY

Please Also Visit:
and

8 comments:

  1. I think Eli Manning's ad does get the brand name out there. I mean I know it's a Citizen watch. But, I don't care too much for the style it was shot in.

    As for #2 I think it could be a good ad if I had any clue whatsoever which drink they were advertising. Was it Gatorade?

    I agree that out of all of these Peyton Manning and Buick take the cake. It was a good commercial, relayed all pertinent information and had a smooth style.

    These are always interesting. I hope ya'll have a good day!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch these commercials because, well, I don't care. We don't watch much commercial television except for the local news in the afternoon and there IS one commercial that I do like - this one: http://youtu.be/xMIL2J-i2-s. I love the expression on the woman's face "Where's your suit?" It's just strikes me as sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Jackie!!! You have echoed my thoughts on these almost exactly. Hopefully, Eli's agent will sign him up for some more like he did with Peyton for Overstuffed Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Grace. Yes, I love most of those Chevy Santa commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have put all three in the ugly category

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, Peyton has not been good to the Bills, Browns and Steelers over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Eli Manning one is pretty horrible. I watch a fair amount of tennis and Citizen has several players on the payroll. The accolades are often disproportionate to the player's actual accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Squid!!! The problem that I have with the ad is that it is so horribly produced. Perhaps they were trying to toe the line between a no-nonsense product presentation for serious people with a play on light and shadows? In any event, it did not work for me, and it would make it harder for me to buy a Citizen watch--despite having it in mind that they actually make some really good watches.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.