Monday, January 21, 2013

Come Monday...Finally Finished


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


The audible version of The Crackerhead Chronicles is finally finished and uploaded to YouTube.  Be assured that it just about finished me.  For there is still a lot of quit left in me.

A good example of what I am talking about has to do with the audible recording of the 44 minutes and 27 seconds to The Nineteenth Crumb taking over six hours to complete, with that still leaving Gabby squalling like a panther in the background in a couple of places and my mother-in-all trying to hack up a lung in another.  Trixie can be clearly heard adding her voice in another crumb.  For there came times when I was just too tired to make another try, but it was suggested that leaving Gabby and my mother-in-law in might be found to be quite intriguing to those who found the story of my mom’s mysterious cat in The Eighteenth Crumb of particular interest.

On the other hand, it was a labor of love, all in all.  For I had forgotten much of the text, with the following being a good example of something that I found quite delightful to The Twentieth Crumb.  On one particularly bad day, I asked my Heavenly Father why it had to be so hard.  His reply was, “After all, why do you think it is called suffering?”  No, I had not been allowed and enabled to count it all joy {James 1:2-4} yet.  I still haven’t, but I have always greatly appreciated Him putting His delightful sense-of-humor on display for my benefit.  Needless to say, suffering is a very painful subject to touch upon, and a pun was most definitely intended there.  For it is often good to laugh when all you feel like doing is cry, and I did let out a chuckle when He told me what He did.  It was certainly a better answer than I received from the adult Sunday School teacher at my mom’s church.  For in the midst of having a full-blown nervous breakdown after a week where the motors of two brand new chain saws had ceased up when they were desperately needed, all I got from him was, “It could be worse.”

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to think more highly of myself than I should with that.  For as I have said before, I believe that the text to the book was given to me by our Heavenly Father, with even the part that I played involving placing it into written form being more by His hand than mine.

Anyway, I hope you find the audible version of The Crackerhead Chronicles to have been worth the effort to produce.  Each of the following images is linked to where that particular crumb can be found on YouTube.  If you would rather just read the text, going [here] will take you to the beginning of the book, which has been placed in the correct order on FishHawk Droppings.  At the end of each crumb, the audible version of it has been embedded.





















Please Also Visit:
and


8 comments:

  1. Is that all....only 20............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was what I was thinking (several times, in fact) when I was wanting it to be all over with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started to crumble Jerry (I made that verb up just now) but I'm a bit worried about clicking on links at the moment having just had this PC repaired. It certainly has begun with a lot of promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear John!!! I am glad you got your PC repaired. As far as the book goes, it should give you a good laugh or two. Well, at least I hope so in regards to the places that are meant to be funny. (The rest of it will probably give you some really good laughs. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on finishing. Good to see you back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I hope you are keeping Duke nice and warm up there>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...congratulations definitely are in order! That is a lot of work! I'm so glad you got it completed. Now you should put it all on a DVD and offer it for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Jackie!!! I am hoping to get some help with some things like that. I have, however, burned it to three DVDs to help Arlynda go to sleep easier.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.