Monday, January 7, 2013

Come Monday...What's With Tuesday Night?


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

One of my “chores” is to manually program the DVR to record what we want to watch each week.  No, not all of our favorite programs can be automatically set.  For many of them are scheduled against each other, and the DVR that we rent from Mediacom will only allow for the recording of two shows at a same time.

Tuesday night is the worst one for competing shows, it seems.  For at 7:00 p.m. CST tomorrow night (January 8, 2013), there are new episodes of NCIS on CBS, Raising Hope on FOX, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers on NBC, History Detectives on PBS, Totally T-Boz on TLC, Nancy Grace on HLN and Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family.  At 7:30 there is Ben and Kate on FOX and another episode of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers on NBC.  8:00 has Emily Owens, M.D. on The CW, Happy Endings on ABC, NCIS: Los Angeles on CBS, The New Girl on FOX, Go On on NBC, The American Experience on PBS, Dance Moms on Lifetime, Hardcore Pawn on TruTV, The Sisterhood on TLC, The Real Housewives of Miami on Bravo, Dr. Drew On Call on HLN, Storage Wars: Texas on A&E, Joe Schmo: The Full Bounty on Spike, Dual Survival on the Discovery Channel, Property Virgins on HGTV and The Lying Game on ABC Family.  8:30 has Don’t Trust the B… on ABC, The Mindy Prject on FOX, The New Normal on NBC, Hardcore Pawn: Chicago on TruTV and another episode of Storage Wars: Texas on A&E.  9:00 has Private Practice on ABC, Vegas on CBS, Parenthood on NBC, Frontline on PBS, America’s Supernanny on Lifetime, Justified on FX, Million Dollar Decorators on Bravo, Storage Wars: New York on A&E, another episode of Joe Schmo: The Full Bounty on Spike, Africa on the Discovery Channel, House Hunters on HGTV and Snooki and JWoww on MTV while 9:30 offers The Burn with Jeff Ross on Comedy Central for our viewing pleasure.

No, we do not watch all of them, but there are enough against each other to make programming the DVR to record all of the ones that we do want to see a real chore.   For I try to record as much as possible at later times in order to avoid having two shows recording at the same time while we are usually up, which forces us to have to watch either one of the shows being recorded or one that we have already recorded.  Hey, there are times when one is in the mood for this and not that!

Thankfully, Chopped at 9:00 p.m. on the Food Network will be a repeat.  For I do not think that just getting three minutes of the new Justified at 4:00 a.m. next Saturday, which is the way it is listed, will cut it.  Therefore, the new episode of Justified needs to be recorded when it first airs at 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday night.  For we already have two shows set to record at midnight, which is when each new episode of Chopped is usually rerun.

In fact, on account of somebody making way too much money for their level of intelligence, the new time for ABC’s Nightline does not quite match up with the normal timeslots, which forces us to not be able to record it.  For life would not worth living around here if Arlynda is denied watching the new episodes of Hardcore Pawn and Storage Wars: Texas, which must be recorded at midnight because of new episodes of NCIS: Los Angeles being something that neither one of us can live without.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, most cable shows are rerun multiple times, but that often runs into other scheduling conflicts.  OnDemand?  Be assured that it is not all that it is cracked up to be.

If all of this has you thoroughly confused, welcome to my world.  No, it is not even a nice place to visit.

Please Also Visit:
and

8 comments:

  1. LOL! I go through the same thing! Try checking your shows to be recorded and click modify if the option comes up, that way you can pick new shows only, no repeats! That is what I have done to help save space and sometimes avoid those conflicts!
    Good luck,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch any of those shows, matter of fact I've never heard of some of those shows...we don't record much - there are only 2 shows that record at the same time Blue Bloods and Haven and since Blue Bloods (a show I don't care for) in available 'On Demand" - well, it's just not much of a problem at all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't bother with trying to record anything because I can never remember to go back and watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Janet!!! Yeah, I set the DVR to automatically record only new episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Grace. Yes, life would be a lot simpler that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, but you have Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should read a book instead.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! I wish I could. Well, at least without it being so draining upon me.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.