Monday, July 30, 2012

Come Monday..The Opening Ceremony



If you are a fan of theatrical productions, like the ones that can be seen on [Broadway] and the [West End of London], you probably thoroughly enjoyed the opening ceremony to the 2012 London Olympics.  As for the rest of us, probably not.

In all fairness, I have never paid all that much attention to the opening ceremonies of other Olympics, and it was only in anticipation of the British trying to outdo what the Chinese did in 2008 that I had any interest in seeing this one.  As indicated in the following video, the 2012 opening ceremony didn’t come close.


I would think that it would have been so much more cooler for the opening ceremony to the 2012 London Olympics to have featured reenactments of a different type of games that were held in the British Isles long ago, such as a jousting tournament, complete with sword fights with broad swords and archery contests.  Along with what still goes on at the [Highland Games], and maybe even the [Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling andWake].


Of course, I am not an [Oscar-winning director].  So, what do I know?

Please Also Visit:
and

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking me in your early Christmas gift post. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, me either. But this year I have been catching more of it! I so enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fine, just got so stinkin' busy I couldn't manage to keep up with the Ponderosa and blog. It seems to happen every summer.

    I've just come outta eight nights and nine days of Camp Grandma. See, I am CRAZY! Heeehehehe! I also do this every year. It was wonderfully exhaustin' to say the least. :o)

    Thanks for checkin' in. I WILL return...I always do.

    I pray you and your fam are havin' a great summer.

    God bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably one of the rare few who have never been able to get interested in this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheese rolling (Health & Safety banned it this year) and caber tossing. Kind of sums up the opening ceremony anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate. my dear Sharon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Karen!!! From what I have been hearing, there were quite a few who were very disappointed in the opening this year. So, I suppose I ain't the only one who ain't got enough of the right kind of culture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Nezzy!!! Thank you also for checking in. For I was afraid that you might have dried up and blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Nope, you ain't alone in that. Hey, I just had another thought for the opening zip through that Duke might have been interested in seeing--having some hounds chase a fox around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! So, they really aren't all that serious about improving the gene pool--are they? (When someone breaks their neck while chasing a cheese wheel down a steep hill, they are usually less likely to breed afterward.)

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.