Monday, July 9, 2012

Come Monday...ABC's Final Witness


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

In a day and age when the vast majority of new television programming is of the unreality variety, along comes [ABC’s Final Witness].  Be assured that this came as a quite a shock to my wife and I.  For after watching the first two episodes, we have found the show, which is currently airing new episodes at 9 p.m. CDT on Wednesdays, to be one of the finest ever produced.

The premise of the television series is the eye-witness account of the victim of a murder.  Believable details are what distinguish one drama from another to us, and in this regard, Final Witness has more of an appearance of a finely-produced “you are there” documentary than just a television show.  For it is almost like you are seeing the events play out through the eyes of the victim, with the observations of others around at the time mixed in to add perspective.

Now, I am not quite sure if these are depictions of actual murders or not, but they sure are real enough to be as such.  Hence, the greatness of the show.

Of course, you may have a different opinion, and if so, your loved ones should start to really worry about you (if they haven’t been already).  For it will be just a matter of time before you come home with a [Kardashian] after a night of hard partying while trying to find the best way to herd skunks through a gridlocked highway intersection in the hope of gaining an edge on the competition at a casting call for a new unreality show to be set in Branson, Missouri.



Please Also Visit:
and



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Arlynda and I are really impressed with what we have seen of the show so far, and I think you and Duke may thoroughly enjoy it after it cools off enough for you-all to be able to get back in the house.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.