Monday, September 12, 2011

Come Monday...Once Upon A Time


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

[Once Upon A Time] is a new ABC series that is set to begin just before next Halloween.  Quite fitting, I suppose.  For the show is about fairy tales and fantasies, with good vs. evil splashed all over the script.

One of the main stars is [Lana Parrilla], who has smoldering hot down to a science.  I kinda, sorta, maybe, might of noticed this while giving her a quick passing glance when she was on the short-lived [Miami Medical].  If you have to be told, that’s her in character for Once Upon A Time over there.

Another familiar face on the show is [Robert Carlyle] from [Stargate Universe].  Since he has the look of deviant desperation down to a science, I didn’t think very many would want to see a picture of him.

Perhaps the biggest star of the show is [Jennifer Morrison], who should have been another VERY familiar face.  For she played one of the main characters on [House, M.D.] for SEVEN YEARS, but I didn’t realize that it was her until I went to gather some stuff for this preemptive strike.

Yes, there appears to be something very wrong about Once Upon A Time.  It is clearly on display in the following trailer.



Did you catch it?  Did it chill you to the very core of your being?

Okay, it may very well be just me, but anything that the writers of [LOST] have anything to do with will send me diving for the remote to change the channel.  For my wife and I got sucked into the phenomenon that was Lost at first, dropped it from our list of must-sees after enduring a season or so of flashback after nonsensical flashback, and then returned to watch the series finale, which left us vowing to carefully scrutinize the production team on every new show in the hope of never going through something like that again.

Yes, it could be different this time.  Please let me know if it is.

Please Also Visit:
and

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the type of thing that would give me nightmares :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! In reference to it being from the writers of LOST--right?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.