Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Weird and Wonderful

As you have probably already noticed, I have a rather twisted sense of humor.  There are parts of my body that are also rather twisted.  Two of those parts are my little fingers.  Well, at least that is still true of my left little finger.  For my right one is now straight.

The twist to my left little finger happened while playing basketball with my younger brother back in 1992 (I think).  He passed me the ball, and I mishandled it.  This resulted in a fairly serious jam of my left little finger.  After shaking it off, I pretty much forgot about it, but I was left with the tip pointing downward at a 45 degree angle from the joint next to the end of the finger.

I do not know what happened to my right little finger.  In fact, I had not even noticed until Arlynda asked me why it was crooked a few years back.  Unlike the twist to my left little finger, the right one was twisted to the right, about 3/8th of an inch out of line.  Also unlike my left one, the twist was not in a joint.  For it was in the bone between the joint next to the tip and the middle joint.

No, the twist to my right little finger had not been bothering me, but that changed one day last week.  For it really hurt, and I tried everything that came to mind to relieve the pain.  Thankfully, the pain did not prevent me from sleeping, and the pain was gone when I awoke.  That is when I noticed that my twisted right little finger was now straight.

Yes, it is time for me to give our Heavenly Father His due.  For I cannot imagine a “natural” explanation for what happened to my right little finger.  Alas, I suppose it was necessary to make the process painful in order to get my attention.

Speaking of painful processes, I have had a pretty good day so far.  For I emailed the lady at Habit For Humanity to ask about how it was going with them replacing our roof and if there was anything we could do to help speed up the process so that the insurance underwriter might not be tempted to let our mortgage holder know that they might drop our coverage, which might tempt the mortgage holder to try to cut their losses by foreclosing on us prematurely.  The Habitat lady emailed me right back and said that their contractor should be out to inspect the roof very soon, now that the weather has cleared up somewhat.

I sent the email to the Habitat For Humanity lady a little after nine this morning, and by ten, I had secured an appointment with a primary care physician and a rescheduling of the appointment with my eye doctor I had to cancel because of ice on January 22.  Now, if He could just make it to where I do not have to actually report for jury duty on February 8…  Yeah, there is always something.  Sigh.

Please Also Visit:

9 comments:

  1. All I can say is the body does funny things during the ageing process... but things look like they are lightning up, and who knows, you may just have fun being a juror?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! Oh, the problem is not necessarily jury duty. The problem is having to get out of the house. For it often takes every bit of strength I have just to walk across a room, and having to go out and about leaves me completely down for the count for several days afterward. Be assured that if it was possible to serve on a jury at home, I would be one of the first to sign up.

      Delete
  2. Interesting how your finger straightened out all by itself. I've never been called to jury duty which is a puzzle since I'm a registered voter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! The thought has occurred to me that becoming a permanent absentee voter might remove me from the jury pool, but I have not pursued it. Since I have not actually voted in several years, I really need to do it, anyway.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Martin!!! You are most welcome,

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you were doing good until you got to the jury duty. I get a jury summons about once a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Whoa, that is quite a lot for as large of a population as where you live.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear the roof appears to be coming along.
    Hopefully the eye doctor is seen soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! I am hoping that the next eye appointment will clear me to get cataract surgery, which should lead to a very great improvement.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.