Monday, March 26, 2012

Come Monday...ABC's Missing


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


My wife and I are both huge [Ashley Judd] fans.  Therefore, we just had to check out [Missing], which is about an ex-CIA operative, [Becca Winstone], searching for her missing son.

Alas, we only lasted through the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode.  For the plot would make for a great movie, but as a series?  No, not so much.  That is, unless you enjoy getting your information one teeny tiny tidbit an episode.

Evidently, there are not a lot of those like that out there.  For according to [this], 20% of the audience for the premier missed the second episode of Missing.

Maybe I should go back to the beginning.  Well, at least to where we stopped watching.  For the show started out with quite a bang, and I mean that quite literally.  For while still on the phone with [her husband], our lovely heroine hears him getting blown up as he goes to start the vehicle he and their son were going to take to the airport in Vienna, Austria.

We are then fast-forwarded to when their son, [Michael], is asking for permission to attend an architecture school in Rome, which I do not find disturbing at all.  For I can stare at building for hours—especially if they are of an ancient design, and Rome has plenty of them around.  However, what I do find disturbing is that Michael is an avid soccer player.

Now, I do not want to sound like another conspiracy nut, but does anyone besides me find it rather curious that the rapid moral decay of American society began at around the same time as when soccer was being pushed as an alternative to football?  Yeah, you might want to look it into this.

Oh, and what’s the deal with [Sean Bean]?  For he didn’t last through the first season of [Game of Thrones], and here he is getting blown up in the very first episode of Missing.

Okay, getting back to the show at hand, Michael turned up missing within a few weeks of being in Rome, and Becca went to see if she could find him.  Needless to say, she didn’t.  For that would have been the end of the show—right?  Nonetheless, she did find where he had been staying, and after she killed the guy who had snuck into the room after she did, we tuned out.

No, it was not on account of excessive violence.  For we generally do not mind that sort of thing.

I might add that it might have been on account of there not being any gratuitous sex, but my wife might disagree…strenuously.  Yeah, I had better shut up before I get even farther behind.

Please Also Visit:
and

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one but I must say they just don't make them like they used to. I would rather watch nothing but reruns of all the old shows than most of what is on today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! You and Wade might find Netflix most enjoyable. For they have a great many old shows available on DVDs and streaming, and in an upcoming article, I will expound upon what I have discovered about ways to record programs for later viewing.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.