Monday, May 11, 2009

Come Monday...Rusty Rose

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).




Do you like the music of the [Marshall Tucker Band], the [Charlie Daniels Band], the [Allman Brothers Band], [Lynyrd Skynyrd], [.38 Special], [Molly Hatchet], [Cross Country Ragweed] and others like them? It’s called [southern rock], and I absolutely love it.

This is what you will hear when listening to Whatever Forever Is, Look Who’s Country Now, Me and Kansas, and Whiskey Dreams on the [MySpace page] of Rusty Rose. Hey, they even have a dog barking in the background of My Heart’s In North Carolina!

Yeah, the producing on a few of their songs is kinda rough. For the dog barking may have been by design, but I am fairly sure that the guitars being so far out of tune on the song was not.

Nonetheless, I have no doubt that they are trying to do the best that they can with what they have to work with. They are, after all, just starting out.

Speaking of such, A Start is pure [country], but not so much so that it should be unappealing to those who are not big fans of genre. For it is a song full of hope for future success, and the line about the little girl leaving a dollar in the tip jar brought a poignant smile to my face.

Even though they are listed as being out of [Branson], the band was actually formed in [Sparta, MO], and if you are in the area of the Ozark Mountain Saloon in [Fordland, MO] on May 23rd, it might be well worth your time to stop by. For it sounds like the kind of [honky-tonk] that I used to love, but even if our Heavenly Father has changed your heart about such things like He has mine, the band that will be on stage that night is really, really good.


6 comments:

  1. If I liked country I would check them out. Just not a fan. Have missed you and hoping you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by again, my dear Ettarose. I'm doing about the same, but I am beginning to get concerned about you. I mean, do you really consider Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers and Molly Hatchet to be country??? For even by todays standards, that's a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review....as a musician, the biggest need i have is for my music to be heard. That is a huge challenge. Not only did you hear our you music but you listened as well...and that is about the nicest thing a person can do for a musician...

    on North Carolina....yes dogs not ment to be there...and for the record...guitars were not out of tune...the lead started out in the wrong key....probably shouldn't have posted the song, but fans wanted it....a studio recording of the song is coming soon.

    thanks for giving us your ear, and some recognition...you rock

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most welcome, and thanks for stopping by, my dear Anonymous Member of Rusty Rose. I'm glad you liked the review, and I hope you-all go a lot farther than Branson. It is, however, a good place to be for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, my dear Crude Humor, but I am kinda curious about which one you are referring to.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.