Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Good, Bad and Ugly Ads

Since I have not been given much of a life to live in this world, I watch an awful lot of television, which includes an awful lot of commercials.  Now, a “GOOD” ad is one that holds my attention and makes me want to at least learn more about the product or service it is for.  A “BAD” ad is one that quickly becomes nothing more than background noise when it cannot be skipped over.  “UGLY” ads are much worse.  For not only do they make we want to never see them again, they make me want to never have anything to do with the company that paid for them to be produced.  Of course, you may feel differently, but I sure wouldn’t say much about it around anyone with a lick of sense.  For I am, after all, an expert on such things—albeit only in my own mind!

GOOD

BAD

UGLY

6 comments:

  1. Funny........ it's really good for DQ I think that they have fans that truly like their product, because if it were left up to just getting folks through their ads.... not so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Karen!!! Hey, how did you-all get exclusive rights to Dog 'n Suds? I thought they had went out of business until finding them here and there in Minnesota and Wisconsin back in the late 80s to early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, yeah, what Karen said :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Methinks they may have someone who is actually working for McDonald's in their advertising department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the spam filter. I'm so automatic about deleting all the spam that I almost deleted your post as well. Actually, the part about the Ohio State Buckeyes was spam, or worse, but since I'm a magnanimous guy as well, I let it slide.

    So you're a Razorback fan? Too bad you're in the SEC with former Big Ten football coaches/players Saban and Les Miles beating up on your Arkansas. If you were up here in the Big Ten you might stand a better chance, particularly with programs like Penn State and Ohio State constantly on probation for some reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Dave!!! Hey, we've got our own Big 10, 12 or 13 head football coach now, and as long as they do not start with that "three yards and a cloud of dust stuff," I can live with having a Badger rooting around with my piggies.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.