Thursday, June 11, 2015

ATF: Bridging Gulfs

This series will include as many of my all-time favorite (ATF) tunes as I can get my grubby little hands on (so to speak).  Now, each one included in each edition will have some connection with the other—albeit only as a figment of my imagination, but they will not be numbered.  For I just cannot bring myself to rate some higher than others.  So, this will not be a countdown, but if you are enjoying them as much as I do, it won’t matter.  Besides, with no countdown, this could go on forever and ever!  Oh, and despite the fact that there is absolutely no way your musical tastes could be as exquisite as mine, I welcome any suggestions you might dare to make.  For I am, after all, quite magnanimous by nature.



Bridge Over Troubled Water
Simon & Garfunkel
When you're weary
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all

I'm on your side
Oh
When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you

I'll take your part
Oh
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

Sail on silver girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way

See how they shine
Oh
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind



Seven Bridges Road
The Eagles
There are stars in the Southern sky
Southward as you go
There is moonlight
And moss in the trees
Down the Seven Bridges Road

Now I have loved you like a baby
Like some lonesome child
And I have loved you in a tame way
And I have loved you wild

Sometimes there's a part of me
Has to turn from here and go
Running like a child from these warm stars
Down the Seven Bridges Road

There are stars in the Southern sky
And if ever you decide
You should go
There is a taste of time sweetened honey
Down the Seven Bridges Road

Lyrics From: [eLyrics.net]

Please Also Visit:

18 comments:

  1. I like Simon & Garfunkel and that song as well as some others.
    The Eages, like some of their songs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Whiteangel!!! Same here.

      Delete
  2. I don't like Bridge over Troubled Waters and never have, but isn't it evocative? Also, "Cecilia" (which I like better).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Jenny!!! Well, the next time I run across someone asking about who doesn't like Bridge Over Troubled Waters, I will have an answer for them. (LOL?)

      Delete
  3. Back to some good oldies on this extremely rainy day in my world! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Karen!!! We have been high and dry for last few days down here, with the next possibility for rain coming sometime next week.

      Delete
  4. Both excellent choices. Love Simon and Garfunkel and Eagles have always been a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Seven Bridges Road never received much radio airtime, which I think is a shame.

      Delete
  5. Back in the day I played Bridge Over Troubled Waters until my needle wore out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! Very glad to be of service, my friend. Don't forget to leave a generous tip!

      Delete
  6. "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" will always remain one of my favourite songs...and it never fails to make me misty-eyed when I hear it. My late mother told me once that every time she heard the song, she thought of me - and now...every time I hear it, I think of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! That is indeed a wonderful connection to have with a song.

      Delete
  7. Oh! My goodness! And I've just read Jenny's comment!! I'm gobsmacked! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lee!!! Well, she does live fairly close to Adullamite. (LOL?)

      Delete
    2. S & G were good in their day even though they hate one another.
      Eagles, tsk!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! It is indeed a shame when musical groups suffer bitter break-ups.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear TWG!!! You are several miles south of the Red River--right? The national news had it that it's going to make a mess out of things before returning to its banks.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.