Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Good, Bad and Ugly Ads

Since I have not been given much of a life, I watch an awful lot of television, which includes an awful lot of commercials.  Now, a “GOOD” ad is one that holds my attention and makes me want to at least learn more about the product or service it is for.  A “BAD” ad is one that quickly becomes nothing more than background noise when it cannot be skipped over.  “UGLY” ads are much worse.  For not only do they make we want to never see them again, they make me want to never have anything to do with the company that paid for them to be produced.  Of course, you may feel differently, but I sure wouldn’t say much about it around anyone with a lick of sense.  For I am, after all, an expert on such things—albeit only in my own mind!

GOOD

BAD

UGLY

4 comments:

  1. It's funny, but I kind of like those Hopper Boston takes, but sadly the thing is that they get old too quickly. It's like Mike from those Dirty Jobs that did all those like gazillion ads- I finally had to shut it off or switch it when he came on. My son even works for Ford, but gee whiz he was seriously getting on my nerves to the point I was going to write a letter to the network. I think others felt the same way too, because finally I don't see them plastered to every show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Karen!!! Yeah, I know what you mean about running something to death. I couldn't find on YouTube the DISH Hopper commercial that really caught my attention in a good way the last week or so. It's the one where the boys start screaming like little girls when they hear that they are dead wrong about thinking that it is safe to hide under the bed in the second story guest bedroom (or something like that). I'll look for it again after some times passes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some ads really do grate on one's nerves...and some others are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! You can certainly say that again.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.