Thursday, February 11, 2010

Loreena McKennitt's The Mummers Dance

Link: [Loreena McKennitt]


Link: [On YouTube]

The Mummers Dance
Loreena McKennitt

When in the springtime of the year
When the trees are crowned with leaves
When the ash and oak and the birch and yew
Are dressed in ribbons fair

When owls call the breathless moon
In the blue veil of the night
The shadows of the trees appear
Amidst the lantern light

We’ve been rambling all the night
And sometime of this day
Now returning back again
We bring a garland gay

Who will go down to those shady groves
And summon the shadows there
And tie a ribbon on those sheltering arms
In the springtime of the year

The songs of birds seem to fill the wood
That when the fiddler plays
All their voices can be heard
Long past their woodland days

We’ve been rambling all the night
And sometime of this day
Now returning back again
We bring a garland gay

And so they linked their hands and danced
Round in circles and in rows
And so the journey of the night descends
When all the shades are gone

A garland gay we bring you here
And at your door we stand
It is a sprout well budded out
The work of our Lord’s hand

We’ve been rambling all the night
And sometime of this day
Now returning back again
We bring a garland gay

We’ve been rambling all the night
And sometime of this day
Now returning back again
We bring a garland gay

Lyrics From: [Sing365.com]

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

9 comments:

  1. You, my dear, dear friend, have no idea just how much I love you! You crack me up at the most unexpected times - and I can't thank you enough for it. You always improve my outlook and bring up my spirits. You're quickly becoming one of my most very favoritest people in the universe...oh my - I've spent way too long with a child, not talking to an adult. Have words like "favoritest" really crept into my vocabulary??

    Anyway, you are seriously becoming one of my most very favoritest people in the universe! I adore your sense of humor, and your caring is amazing. Even with everything you deal with, you still manage to make other people feel special. (And I don't mean that like you make them feel like they ride the short bus!)

    Thank you for making such a difference in my life. You cracked up Ol' Saggy Britches as well, when I read him your comment yesterday. Making a teenager laugh - especially him - is no easy feat. Just goes to prove you're magical!

    I hope you are well, I'm sorry for being such a crummy friend, I'm doubly sorry we're having a worse time than you are (I promise I didn't mean it!), and I'm glad you're you. What would I do without my wonderful FishHawk?? (I'd be miserable and really annoyed with these hives, that's what - but you have a way of making things seem more fun.)

    I love you, man! (Insert image of beer commercial here.) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, does that last comment earn me some sort of "Longest Comment on Record" prize? Of course, the prize is probably a pie in the face...but still...that was a long comment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Queen Katherine!!! Thank you also for all of the compliments. Be assured that I will print-out your comments, and duct tape them to my wife's coffee cup to make sure that her day starts off extra sweet. You see, she really does feel sorry for me, and she is glad when I can find a friend to play with. HIGH FIVE FOR ALL FORMER PASSENGERS OF THE SHORT BUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful song...it touched my heart. I love the music that you find. And, I "steal" them too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of her but I sure do like that song. You come up with some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my all time favorite songs. Nice little treat for me when I stopped by your blog:) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Clueless!!! This song has such a haunting melody to me. Be assured that I fell in love with it the first time I ever heard it on Art Bell's "Coast To Coast AM" radio show late one night years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! As I told the lovely and talented Ms. Clueless, I first heard the song on Art Bell's radio show. I'm not sure if it is still being broadcast, but if you like hearing about UFOs and very strange things, you would love his show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Sabra!!! It is one of my all-time favorites, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.