Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trib Updates


 This is a weekly series that will include a brief summary of the latest articles that have been published on The Tribulation Times Herald-Exhorter.  Hopefully, this will encourage you to go check out some truly outstanding articles that have been published by a number of truly outstanding authors.  Moreover, I hope this will also encourage you to want to become a contributing member/author, as well.  The “Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!” site explanation near the top of the side-bar should answer many of your questions.  Yes, this series also included an “SOS! (Spam On Saturdays)”  segment before, but it just wasn’t working for me.  Therefore, that will be replaced by a republishing of one of the Trib articles. 

[K.I.S.S. II?] has me wondering if Black Veil Brides could be another KISS.

[Ron Jones – Star Trek – Where No One Has Gone Before – Talk With Mom] includes a fairly well done video slide show from Lavender Darwin.

[Why I Will NEVER Have A Vasectomy!] is by you know who about you know what.

[Ham, Anyone?] contains a cartoon that I think is really funny.

[Lavender Darwin Captured and Arrested By Militant Urologists!!] indicates that it may be a while before we hear any more from Lavender, and that he may be speaking with a much higher voice when we do.


Last March, I published [Slick Adgitizing] as part of the [Come Monday] series on AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles.  It was about how several place non-Adgitize ads right up against the Adgitize widget, which makes them indistinguishable from the ones that Adgitize members click-on to get points.

After exchanging emails with Ken Brown, the owner(?) of Adgitize, he assured me that he would check it out when he finished some project he was working on.  I never heard anything back from him after that, but several weeks later, I did notice that he had added a razor-thin border to the widget, which was useless from my evidently overly cynical point-of-view.

With no official notice, many more are now doing the same thing.  I was preparing an update, which would have included linked-icons of the sites that I have noticed, but I suppose it is a mute point now.  For my patience with Mr. Brown has run-out, and I will be deleting my Adgitize account in the next day or two.

No, it is not just on account of the slick adgitizing issue that I am leaving.  For when I went to renew the ad for this site, I found that I did not have enough in my PayPal account.  When I went to see what was going on, I discovered that the last payment I had received from Adgitize was on September 8th for $12.59, which was down from the $15.31 that I had been paid on August 6th.

Needlessly to say, I was confused.  For a post is published each and every day on AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles, which is where the Adgitize widget is located, and several articles are published here each week.  Furthermore, I had been making enough drops to earn the limit of 100 points every day until I stopped last week on account of having better things to do.

When I asked Mr. Brown about what was going on via email around four hours ago, I received a reply a couple of hours later, which is certainly commendable.  What he said was not.

I am showing earnings of $3.18 for September and $4.73 for October. That is less than the necessary $10 threshold to receive a payment from Adgitize.

When I look at your points earned for September and October you are earning 270 points a day which translate into 9 to 11 cents a day. On the 3 days in October you wrote an article on your blog you earned over 350 points. That would have earned you around 54 cents a day. It doesn't appear you have written an article since mid October that we have recorded.

To be honest about it, I have never understood his points system, but I suspect that the main reason for why my income decreased so rapidly is on account of the content.  For last February, he notified me that much of what I publish was falling well short of what he considers to be original content, and after I explained to him that there is still a great deal of work involved in even publishing my [Sites To See/A Sunday Drive] and [WhiteHeart Wednesday] series, he graciously apologized and all went merrily along until September.

Alas, I first joined Adgitize in April of 2009.  If you want to stay, proceed at your own risk.

***UPDATE***
Since this was published, I received another email from Mr. Brown that suggested that I had not informed them of the RSS feed change to AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles, which occurred after the original Feedburner RSS feed for that site just quit working.  Since I had not received any notice of them no longer being able to pick up my feed, I assumed that it had automatically switched like it did in other cases.  Nonetheless, I am still done.

Please Also Visit:
and

2 comments:

  1. I've never used adgitize. sorry to hear about your problems with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Well, after my association with Adgitize ending in much the same as it did with Entrecard, I am beginning to wonder if Arlynda might be right about me being rather hard to get along with... Nope, I just checked. I ain't.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.